Looking at installing a Fuelab. Few questions inside.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Im going to install a fuelab soon with the help of another member. Few questions though.

When I remove the HFCM I have to jumper the return lines together. How are you guys doing that? Any recommendations? Anyone know the size of those push to connect EFI fittings that will convert that hard line to rubber hose? I have 3/8 and 5/8 Gates LOC hose that I'll be using.

Also, I have to plug the supply line on the tank. Does anyone know what size it is? I want to get an EPDM rubber plug ( chem resistant ) and I need to know the sizing. I dont think there is anything else that I need to plug, right?

For the time being, Im going to run from the Fuelab supply into the metal line right there after the HFCM ( the stock fuel line that supplies the secondary fuel bowl ) and just hose clamp it. Then I'll figure out how to get rid of the secondary fuel bowl.

Do I need to hack up a filter to retain the secondary fuel bowl functionality? Or can I remove the secondary filter and just cap it?

Im running a Strictly Diesel RR and I want to retain as much as the kit as possible just because I recently installed it and 700$ is something I dont want to waste lol. :morons:

strokin6L

Reaction score
You can do it one if two ways. Either use a rubber line between the two hard lines....or get 2 AN to tube line adapter fittings. I made my own braided stainless line.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
First pic is the line on tank side of hfcm....and second pic is line from engine side of hfcm. I just linked them both together with a braided stainless line.

Attachments

• IMG_20140926_103208_259.jpg
    IMG_20140926_103208_259.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20140926_103337_852.jpg
    IMG_20140926_103337_852.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Now what about the other side? What adapter is needed that goes onto the rubber jumper hose to that fitting you listed

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Hey just seen on the link you posted. The tube fitting adapter size is 5/16... Though it was 3/8?

what a mess

Reaction score
I didn't remove my hfcm for and left my fuel bowl on for the simple fact that if you are on a road trip or something and your fuel lab goes out you can just hook your stock fuel pump back up and it has came in handy twice for me alrdy just a little food for thought

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Interesting... So what did you do with your return line? Just left it connected to the hfcm? Decisions..

what a mess

Reaction score
correct and we went to napa and got a quick connect fitting that fit well in the 1/2 fuel line and used a high pressure clamp to make sure it didn't come lose so that you could just connect it to the fuel line that came outa the fuel bowl and then removed the fuel filter out of the fuel bowl and the little dicky do in the center of the fuel bowl so that if your pump goes out you arnt dead in the water its came in handy twice for me so far I know its not the most optimal flow but everyone says 6.0 need fuel psi not volume and im running 190 over 100 with no issues that I know of

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Thanks man. Im debating if I want to go that way or not.. Im not sure why you have had an aftermarket pump ( unless it was an AD, ADII, FASS ( older ) etc ) fail.. I have not heard of an Aeromotive and sure havent heard of a Fuelab going bad...

what a mess

Reaction score
heh my first fuelab started leaking fuel from the inside and actually filled my wires with fuel and my second one the post corroded off in 6 months

what a mess

Reaction score
yea I did that after it happened and I went threw the 2 pumps in a year this new one is holden strong 3 months and counting =)

Latest posts

Members online