Need Some Bass

CoastalF350

Reaction score
I have a 2006 ford f350 crew cab and really want some more bass. I currently have Infinity Reference X REF-9603ix door speakers along with 2 12in old kicker cvts that have holes in the foam powered by a BOSS 1200wt 2channel amp. I have a budget of about 400 to 500 and would like to mount them under the seat. I know space is an issue but I am willing to raise the back seat with tubing. I am open to any suggestions. I would like to build the box myself if I am able to so pictures would be appreciated. Thank you.

jdc753

Reaction score
Are the CVT's mounted behind the seat? The room under the seat is pretty limited, even if raised up you will still be limited to shallow mount subs. The CVT's are airspace hogs for shallow mounts so getting something more friendly to smaller airspace will certainly help out.

Not sure if you can do it for the budget but I would want to replace that amplifier too, Boss really isn't a great brand, similar to Pyle, and Pyramid, sort of flea market grade. If it works though and its not in the budget then keep it, but I doubt it puts out anything near 1200w.

For the budget and going under the rear seat I would look into getting a couple of Pioneer shallow mounts. Or you might be able to find a deal on a JL TW5 or a Stereo Integrity BM MKIV

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
loving my JL stealthbox center console unit. 10w3 and 500 watts and it hits just hard enough for me and it all looks completely factory.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
This is the box I built for behind my seat with a RF 12" P3 shallow mount. Has right at 1ft^3 of air space. Hits hard enough to shake everything in the cab. I don't think I have the measurements for it anymore though. I know its not very thick to tuck behind the seat. You wouldn't need the cut out for the power slider either though

IMG_0218_zps4321b960.jpg

IMG_0209_zps2801f11b.jpg

scparrish

Reaction score
A ported enclosure behind the rear seat is the way to go, unless you want to get real custom and build a center console.

Latest posts

Members online