Goin bigger!

lifted00

Reaction score
Currently I have a fabtech 8 inch on my truck, I'm tired of the 40s rubbin so I wanna go taller. Front is all leaf, rear is 6" springs with 2" blocks. My question is what's the most affordable way to get this thing to 14 inches? I've looked at pmf and for hangers, blocks and crossover steering it looks to be about 1500 in parts. Just seein if there is a less exspensive route?

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Where are the tires rubbing? Maybe you could change the wheels, I don't know if that's a cheaper route or if you just want it taller

lifted00

Reaction score
It's rubber the inner fender well and it's bashed up the lower corner of my fender. The 8" lift clears 38.5s, but I wanted 40s. I know a truck that went through the same issue and lifted his to 12" and it's fine now

Layson

Reaction score
No there isn't a less expensive route. I know at 12" you can get Icon's setup.

4" hangers up front, Icon box kit with crossover steering, and a set of OUO traction blocks and bars....

Then clock your t-case... lengthen your rear driveline... get a driveline drop kit from OUO.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Yes sir 12" Icon and you can buy it in pieces as you can afford it . Going big means big $ to do it right .

lifted00

Reaction score
Clock my driveline? This is the first I've heard about this, not sure what you mean. As far as driveline I was told I needed to do it with my 8" but it's not actually needed. But any bigger will need it lengthened

Layson

Reaction score
Clock your transfercase. Attitude Performance makes a clocking ring to rotate it 20 degrees. So your front driveline will work. Gets it to a better angle and you won't need to lengthen your front shaft.

Then I forgot you need a new tranny crossmember to do that as well. Attitude sells those too I think

lifted00

Reaction score
Good thing I posted cause I woulda found that out the hard way. Love your truck by the way, what size lift you runnin?

Layson

Reaction score
14" and 38's.

Yeah once you go over 8" it starts to really complicate$$ things to make it right.. lol

lifted00

Reaction score
Lol sounds like it! I'm just tired of my 40s rubbin, can't even turn much over half way and they start in on my inner fender wells

shmoozer

Reaction score
Not yet, Ill be leaving here the 17th. Back home for a week to get repacked and things in order then my ass will be coming back til the beginning of January