Two Tone Turd Build

Idiesel

Reaction score
We'll guys everything was going so good until I got ahold of the machine shop the other day. Heads are cracked... They aren't bad cracks I could probably squeeze by running them for a few thousand miles the machine shop said. I don't really want to be pulling it apart after she's in there especially with studs or even pull it back out for that matter.

Here's the damage
dyveby6e.jpg

My next line of business. Has anyone used river city heads before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idiesel

Reaction score
Well guys I got my springs and heads in the end of last week and today!
5ynyze8e.jpg

Took the heads to the machine shop to get them decked, hoping to have them back Wednesday and have the motor together by next week.
3abebyja.jpg

jygumana.jpg

Also got the dana 44 out tonight and all the brackets off. I'm hoping to have the springs on tomorrow night with the axle setting up under it if it checks out good.

Also thanks for the complements guys!

Idiesel

Reaction score
No had a oil and fuel filter job and they stuck around and drank beer (well me too) and sat by the stove so I couldn't get much help from anyone to get the axles in the shop.

But I did get another picture with the 44 out
utare2a2.jpg

Idiesel

Reaction score
Finally got the axle in the shop tonight and pulled the cover. Oil is alittle nasty. Gonna pull everything apart and inspect it then go back together with it. Still in the boring stages right now but trying to keep it update to date and plenty of pictures.
tehe7u9y.jpg

Idiesel

Reaction score
Been a way awhile with all the holiday festivities, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and happy new year. I've gotten alittle bit done a few weeks ago and tonight.
du9ujyqy.jpg

pabezegu.jpg

2ygy3uru.jpg

Got the heads on and torqued just missing some pictures along with the oil rails.

qege8y5a.jpg

arumu2y6.jpg

Got the axle underneath and everything figured I would wait to finish checking everything and changing ball joints on the truck might be a little easier.

ady6y8yt.jpg

8ygyju9y.jpg

I got the front clip off and plan on trying to finish getting the engine out tomorrow night.
I'm getting pretty excited to set the 6.0 down in there!

Idiesel

Reaction score
Got some work done this weekend, finally. Got the 6.9 pulled along with the transmission.
bytypu6y.jpg

ypy9u7e4.jpg

Started looking closer at the motor mounts and they wouldn't work so I combined the two. I took the inner of the 6.0 and outer of the 6.9 and bolted them together. Didn't get the exact results I was looking for but it's a good start
dunu5ahe.jpg

ny6a2u7e.jpg

nybanyhu.jpg

After some tweaking I finally got them to set a little bit better. Didn't get a picture of that but still going to need some changes or just something from scratch. Need to sit down with a few cold ones and start drinking up a few ideas lol.

anetebeh.jpg

After i got it set in good enough to leave it I stripped the 04 of every cab wire and waiting for a guy to come buy the cab in exchange for another 6.0 even though I don't think I need another...

ha9usyna.jpg

08strokin

Reaction score
All I was saying is that everyone swaps Cummins into their trucks. I know they are good engines and very reliable I just like to see people trying something different.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Coopers right I did happen to get down on the project for a few weeks and think about the cummins for simplicity of the conversion. But after finishing most of the stuff on my little sweeties truck I started see how over played the cummins swaps really are. So yes like cooper stated after getting out of my girl panties and putting on some wranglers I decided to put the 6.0 back in no matter what it takes. So I looked over my obstacles on some pictures I had Ive got a good idea on what I need to do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.