Is there a better injector o-ring fix

Arisley

Reaction score
Now that is how you handle customer service. There are other injector builders that need to learn that lesson.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hey Tim, can you let me know if my injectors fall in this batch. Im putting my new set of 250/200s I got from y'all. I put half of them in yesterday, saw this post, and pm'd you. Im wondering if I should go ahead or stop, button it up, and hipefully I can get back at it before the weather craps. The other option is to pull the top set off my full force injectors with under 10k miles and swap them with these if they fall under the bad run.

Like to get it buttoned up. Buuuut not if Im scheduling myself an oring job in January,lol.

Thank you!
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45025

Last edited:

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Now that is how you handle customer service. There are other injector builders that need to learn that lesson.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

Over the last 10 years We have all seen companies come and go. My personal philosophy was if you offer the best product and back it with the best customer service everything else will fall into place. We are not the largest shop or the oldest. But we have always strived to be the best at what we do. And we have some awsome customers that let us know after everything else they have tried we are doing it right.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Over the last 10 years We have all seen companies come and go. My personal philosophy was if you offer the best product and back it with the best customer service everything else will fall into place. We are not the largest shop or the oldest. But we have always strived to be the best at what we do. And we have some awsome customers that let us know after everything else they have tried we are doing it right.

Thanks for the pm! I appreciate every interaction we've had professionally. You deserve a big highfive!

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score

littleredstroker

Reaction score
i used alliants last summer.. 5k miles later im gettin the same issues. swapped passenger side with ones from a ford dealer waiting on time to do drivers side. the spacer ring was cut on all 4 but the oring itself was ok. hoping that the driverrs side has one or two that are totally trashed.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I did my passenger side o-rings this afternoon. This is what I pulled out.

20141001_1337571_zps2bc3f088.jpg

So between the driver and passenger side, I had a total of 4 total top ring failures. How is it possible that the motor was still able to run and build ICP? Once I got the motor started, it had full power, no smoke, nothing. Is it due to the different HPOP that was able to supply HPO?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Layson

Reaction score
That sucks. What is up with the different color on the lower Oring on the right?

Jomax

Reaction score
I had the same issue with orings I installed in June of 13. Went to international, got eight sets. Changed them all. Three months later, lost the ones on pass side rear injector. Lost another set on the same side. My truck would die too.

Im pulling injectors today, and I expect to find a bad pair on the pass side.

I ran two, thats right, two sets of orings from new in 00 until 09. 250k miles. Now Ive had oring failures left and right since then. I lost a set on a new injector two.months ago. I got injectors from Tim@PIS, which isnt his issue really, but the orings are garbage lately. I get alliants and whatever international gets. Im noticing allaint stuff saying "made in China" in the last two years. :(

The death of the 7.3 might be aftermarket support related. Cps are getting hard to come by in working fashion now too.

I can get cps' at ford all day long. Are you meaning the black ones?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
I did my passenger side o-rings this afternoon. This is what I pulled out.

So between the driver and passenger side, I had a total of 4 total top ring failures. How is it possible that the motor was still able to run and build ICP? Once I got the motor started, it had full power, no smoke, nothing. Is it due to the different HPOP that was able to supply HPO?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Werent you having trouble starting it? That would be the HPO struggling to build. Then with a break in the seals, it could get air into the rail while sitting . Once the truck was running, the pump supplies enough volume to build decent ICP.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Werent you having trouble starting it? That would be the HPO struggling to build. Then with a break in the seals, it could get air into the rail while sitting . Once the truck was running, the pump supplies enough volume to build decent ICP.

Yes I was having trouble starting it. I would extended crank then it would start at all. Without the assistance of ether, the motor would just crank. I did not want to keep cranking it because I would kill the batteries and possibly the starter.

Once it ran, there had to be a massive oil leak in the HPO system. I was able to get 3000 ICP and saw 3600 once on the ScanGauge.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online