pics of fuel bowl lines?

Nic

Reaction score
I want to go ahead and run stainless braided lines from the bowl to my pump. If anyone has pics of theirs, that would be great.

jtpappy

Reaction score
f80dd7f00d5f304854e4c18d7475f5b5.jpg

What's a fuel bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nic

Reaction score
If I have the choice, should I step up to a larger than 1/2" feed line or will this be wasting money?

Nic

Reaction score
Hey Brenton. Nice man. I was the one that called you about the pressure issue with the Fuelab. You sent me the filler neck piece. Got it in, re-routed the lines and she dropped from 18 to 13. The return was the restriction. Thanks again dude! Reason for this thread is somehow my feed line popped out of place and got a hole rubbed in it by the front driveshaft. Fuel was all over the truck and I was way out of town when it happened. Sucked. Got it roadside fixed and home though. I'm going today to have stainless braided lines for all of it done. I'm tired of messing with fuel issues on this damn truck! But it has been my fault, not the trucks. Should I stay 1/2" or would going bigger not make any difference but in the pocket?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Brenton. Nice man. I was the one that called you about the pressure issue with the Fuelab. You sent me the filler neck piece. Got it in, re-routed the lines and she dropped from 18 to 13. The return was the restriction. Thanks again dude! Reason for this thread is somehow my feed line popped out of place and got a hole rubbed in it by the front driveshaft. Fuel was all over the truck and I was way out of town when it happened. Sucked. Got it roadside fixed and home though. I'm going today to have stainless braided lines for all of it done. I'm tired of messing with fuel issues on this damn truck! But it has been my fault, not the trucks. Should I stay 1/2" or would going bigger not make any difference but in the pocket?

NICE man! Glad I could get you something that worked for you !
I would stay 1/2" lines no need to go bigger. We run full rail with our dual fueler option and fuel bowl delete block with 100% nozzles. Now granted we are not using the full ms count of the injector but...when we did run the 350file in the truck it still held rail. Until i get our high pressure turbo done I cannot push anymore air. But back to your fuel line issue :)

Get that pressure down to a lil bit more as it will raise about 3-4 psi on colder mornings.

powerstroked08 - He also has our Fuel bowl delete block and as soon as i get Fuelab to get us some pieces then we can get him setup also :) Thanks again Brandon G.

How did the line rub through on the rail?? if so where at ??? I can get ya something that you don't have to worry about and braided is fine .... but chafes everything around it.......

Last edited:

Nic

Reaction score
Well, I have it to 13 and have the set screw backed all the way out dang near. Wont get any lower than that. I have the gauge plumbed right I to the 1/4 npt port on the pump. It may be the cheap gauge. Not sure. Anyway, the line I had on there popped away from the side of the frame and rubbed on the front spinning driveshaft and rubbed a hole into it.i forgot to unlock the hubs from pulling a buddy out a week before. What would you have other than stainless?

To my return pressure issue, should the fuelab have a bigger return than half inch even at half speed? Should I go up in return size from the motor to the tank?

Reaction score
To my return pressure issue, should the fuelab have a bigger return than half inch even at half speed? Should I go up in return size from the motor to the tank?

No half inch is plenty. you could go up in return but the restriction will then be in the fitting so it doesnt matter.

Your still running factory fuel bowl also??

Nic

Reaction score
Still factory fuel bowl. And I understand the restriction on the filler neck but didnt know id they made one any bigger to accommodate a bigger line. The factory fuel bowl isn't a restriction from what I was told?

Nic

Reaction score
So I would benifit from a delete block then? Would that be all I would need now? Forgive me for asking such an amateur question, but whats the difference in and unregulated return and a regulated return specifically?

Reaction score
To much to type but.... the return pressure feeds into the bowl. Ours is on a separate return circuit that goes back to tank. In the factory style bowl it goes into all one passage causing a fuel pulse in the return circuit do to vcv on the pump.

Latest posts

Members online