Let's see your 6.4 on 37's

footlong70

Reaction score
Wow, bunch of experts here. 37's with 2.5" lift definitely DOES work for DD or light offroading. Many, many of us have done it at some point in time. If you couldn't make it work then you don't know what your doing. The first year of owning my truck I ran 37x13.5 toyos on stock 20's problem free. A light rub on the radius arms at full lock which can be tolerable or fixed with upgrading radius arms. Or even running a 12.5" wide. Some very simple fender trimming prevents any rubbing even off road. Been there done that. Trail riding, mud, sand ect... Stock rubber on 20's is 34.1" tall, so common sense, 1.5" additional radius going to 37's with a 2.5" lift over stock still gives you 1 inch more clearance than stock did. The only thing a guy has to fight is his urge to throw on more wheel offset and tire width.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Wow, bunch of experts here. 37's with 2.5" lift definitely DOES work for DD or light offroading. Many, many of us have done it at some point in time. If you couldn't make it work then you don't know what your doing. The first year of owning my truck I ran 37x13.5 toyos on stock 20's problem free. A light rub on the radius arms at full lock which can be tolerable or fixed with upgrading radius arms. Or even running a 12.5" wide. Some very simple fender trimming prevents any rubbing even off road. Been there done that. Trail riding, mud, sand ect... Stock rubber on 20's is 34.1" tall, so common sense, 1.5" additional radius going to 37's with a 2.5" lift over stock still gives you 1 inch more clearance than stock did. The only thing a guy has to fight is his urge to throw on more wheel offset and tire width.

The "common sense" part is not correct. This is because adding a lift doesn't increase the wheel well, radius arm, etc. by the same amount as the lift. That is why you have trim the flare, change the well, etc.

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
And i assume theres a difference between if you start with a Fx4 and just a xlt. I know when i park my xlt next to my buddies fx4 he sits bout 3" higher and clears 35's as i couldnt clear 35's factory on my truck were 33's

RSK

Reaction score
And i assume theres a difference between if you start with a Fx4 and just a xlt. I know when i park my xlt next to my buddies fx4 he sits bout 3" higher and clears 35's as i couldnt clear 35's factory on my truck were 33's

I think having the fx4 offroad package makes a big difference, my has it and sits taller in the rear then my buddies f450 dually on 35's

footlong70

Reaction score
The "common sense" part is not correct. This is because adding a lift doesn't increase the wheel well, radius arm, etc. by the same amount as the lift. That is why you have trim the flare, change the well, etc.

Yes I understand that, however I'm emphasizing my point that a guy is not losing anywhere near the room to run 37's like its being made out to be. My statement is true though, you will have an additional 1" clearance over stock from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender. I certainly did not mean you get an extra 1" all around the tire or radius arm.

Latest posts

Members online