Soon-To-Be Powerstroke Owner!

Lenahan

Reaction score
Hey, guys! My name is Sean, and I'm from the Cincinnati area! I'm currently 16, and looking for my first Powerstroke! I've been researching everything for the past 6 or so months and have an idea on what all I want. I plan on using the truck to tow cattle and hauling round hay bales, so before all of you ask why I want one, there's the reason! I've been snooping around the forums for the past couple of days and figured I should join up! I plan on doing many projects to the truck, so I'll have threads dedicated to all of those projects!

Like some of you guys, I enjoy shooting, hunting, fishing, writing music and playing it! Stay tuned for projects and many questions to come! Hope to see you around the forum!

JrStroker

Reaction score
Well welcome to the forum. I hope you represent us the right way. Don't be "that guy" and mod the truck to "roll coal". There are a lot of people here that will be more than willing to help you.

Lenahan

Reaction score
Well welcome to the forum. I hope you represent us the right way. Don't be "that guy" and mod the truck to "roll coal". There are a lot of people here that will be more than willing to help you.

Trust me, I have no intentions to roll coal. The only time black smoke will be coming out of my exhaust will be from a heavy load! I'm not the regular teenage kid that's buying a diesel just to roll coal, though there are plenty of those kids in my area. I'll be towing quite a lot with it, so there won't be anytime to roll coal!

JrStroker

Reaction score
Trust me, I have no intentions to roll coal. The only time black smoke will be coming out of my exhaust will be from a heavy load! I'm not the regular teenage kid that's buying a diesel just to roll coal, though there are plenty of those kids in my area. I'll be towing quite a lot with it, so there won't be anytime to roll coal!
Good to hear.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
took the words outta my mouth.
right on! welcome to psa bud!

live life full throttle

Lenahan

Reaction score
Welcome, what year truck you looking at getting into?

I plan on getting a '05 King Ranch. I've been warned by the guys on the Powerstroke Facebook page on the maintenance and the cost of keeping the 6.0l, or any diesel engine running smoothly. I do plan on deleting and bulletproofing the truck within the first year of getting it, if needed. I figured I'd bite on the King Ranch I found due to the great price. 13k with 181,000 miles on it isn't too bad.

I appreciate the warm welcome, guys!

JrStroker

Reaction score
I plan on getting a '05 King Ranch. I've been warned by the guys on the Powerstroke Facebook page on the maintenance and the cost of keeping the 6.0l, or any diesel engine running smoothly. I do plan on deleting and bulletproofing the truck within the first year of getting it, if needed. I figured I'd bite on the King Ranch I found due to the great price. 13k with 181,000 miles on it isn't too bad.

I appreciate the warm welcome, guys!
May sway your opinion toward a older 99-03 7.3.... they are much easier to keep than a 6.0 or 6.4 for that fact. Plus they last for freaking ever, will be cheaper, and no 3k to "bullet proof" them. But it's up to you! Good luck!

Lenahan

Reaction score
May sway your opinion toward a older 99-03 7.3.... they are much easier to keep than a 6.0 or 6.4 for that fact. Plus they last for freaking ever, will be cheaper, and no 3k to "bullet proof" them. But it's up to you! Good luck!

I've been back and forth every other week between the 6.0 and the 7.3. I've thought about it a lot, and have been torn about the choice. If I came across a really sharp 7.3 with everything I want from a dealer, I would probably already have it! The reason why I'm going with the 6.0 as of now, is because that King Ranch is the only one I've found that has everything I want for a killer price. Next week I'll probably be wanting a 7.3! I'm more than prepared for everything either truck will throw at me.

JrStroker

Reaction score
I've been back and forth every other week between the 6.0 and the 7.3. I've thought about it a lot, and have been torn about the choice. If I came across a really sharp 7.3 with everything I want from a dealer, I would probably already have it! The reason why I'm going with the 6.0 as of now, is because that King Ranch is the only one I've found that has everything I want for a killer price. Next week I'll probably be wanting a 7.3! I'm more than prepared for everything either truck will throw at me.
Well I'm glad you're prepared. Both can throw a lot at you. One maybe more than the other but get what you decide is best for you.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Hey, guys! My name is Sean, and I'm from the Cincinnati area! I'm currently 16, and looking for my first Powerstroke! I've been researching everything for the past 6 or so months and have an idea on what all I want. I plan on using the truck to tow cattle and hauling round hay bales, so before all of you ask why I want one, there's the reason! I've been snooping around the forums for the past couple of days and figured I should join up! I plan on doing many projects to the truck, so I'll have threads dedicated to all of those projects!

Like some of you guys, I enjoy shooting, hunting, fishing, writing music and playing it! Stay tuned for projects and many questions to come! Hope to see you around the forum!

Welcome to the site!

Jomax

Reaction score
For what you want to do, and no offense your age, 7.3 hands down. Save some money.. if you do work yourself, it's hard to do heads on a 6oh the right way without a lift or pull the engine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk