Fuel pump setup

njjeep

Reaction score
Stock pump with a regulated return

Call Marty’s diesel they will set you up with a really nice kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushwakd

Reaction score
Strictly Diesel has a really nice setup as well. Single pump or twin pump using stock Bosch oem pumps.
Installation, fit and finish is top notch.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I bought a fuelab setup and the whine of the pump is obnoxious so I’m looking for other alternatives

MeTo

Reaction score
Buy a genuine Bosch fuel pump. They are a little more expensive, but quiet and long lasting. I purchased a spare super duty fuel pump from Napa Auto. That thing is very loud and will only be used as an emergency spare if needed. I can hear it running when my 97 7.3 idling and the windows rolled up. That says something.

MeTo

Reaction score
Stage 2’s maybe.

More than stage 2. I have 160/0 with a digital fuel pressure gauge and my pressure never fluctuates more than a tenth, that's 0.10 of a psi under full throttle.

That's reality, not testicle reality.

MeTo

Reaction score
Yes, 1023's cummins killer.

Have you done the math (3rd grade) or are you guessing? My Bosch ($64) is rated at 150 gph or 2.5 gpm. Do you really think a street truck needs more than that? A 400/400 track truck, yes. My pump will empty my 66 gallon custom tank in 26.4 minutes. That utilization would kill my 7.3.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
That’s what I was curious about. That was the whole reason I went with the fuelab setup from irate. Everybody said that stock pump wouldn’t fuel my injectors. Maybe I’ll have to go back to stock setup and try it?

MeTo

Reaction score
I was told that too. Since I have tried it and have been running it for over a year. I have no regrets. Plus the Bosch pump is reasonable and reliable.

I was also told I need 1/2" or 5/8" fuel lines. That is crazy over kill. I have custom 3/8" single wire hydraulic hoses fro my local hydraulic repair shop. They provide more than enough volume and will outlast my truck and me.

Maniacal_Mark

Reaction score
He's right, you don't really need 1/2" or bigger line seeing as the biggest effective feed lines to the cylinder heads is 1/4".

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oh boy. The great fuel pump debate arises! Again.... for like the millionth time. Lmao..

A oem 7.3 superduty fuel pump(Bosch) in good shape and proper filtration will feed up to a small hybrid with no issues. After that is when you need a upgraded pump or dual stockers. Dual stockers will feed just about any heui injector made.

live life full throttle

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Gotcha. So my question was who makes one that doesn’t sound like it’s trying to fuel a locomotive?

njjeep

Reaction score
Gotcha. So my question was who makes one that doesn’t sound like it’s trying to fuel a locomotive?

What size injector do you want to run?

My a1000 is loud but it also is 6 years old and been through north east winters and still runs great. But it prob overkill for anything smaller than 200 cc’s.

I was told the fuel lab is not that loud.

So if your running small Injectors run a single stock. For bigger you can possibly keep your fuel lab and run a stock as your dual pump. Then you can flip on the fuel lab if your running a bigger tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You shouldn't have an issue with a oem bosch pump running that size
If you need more then run a dual oem bosch setup. That will be the most reliable and quiet choice. I believe a bosch 044 pump is better then a walbro which is a hair better then a stock bosch oem pump.. my 170/100s drop zero psi at full song with a single walbro.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Check out 444Fab fuel systems. https://444fab.com/ Nice work, customizable orders, reasonable price. It is where I'm going. Dual stockers, second stocker connected to a pressure switch, setting up some kind of system to "excercise" the spare. Since it will only come on under very high demand or failure of the primary.

Latest posts

Members online