OBS T4 kits now with compete down-pipe!

mattman347

Reaction score
One of the only complaints about OBS T4 kits has been the down pipe, but thats about to change! Our OBS T4 mount kits will now come with a complete 3" down-pipe! Firewall modification is still needed but is minimal compared to before. These are the BEST T4 kits on the market for your 7.3L! Let us know if we can set you up today! :ford:

Call 503-435-9599 or Email [email protected] with any questions!

http://www.iratediesel.com/store/buy-online/?slug=index&cPath=46_64

Attachments

• IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

mattman347

Reaction score
We are getting the Downpipes together as we speak, we have a shipment coming in (couple weeks) and for now have just barley been able to keep up with the new kits being ordered. When we get the shipment of them in we will be able to sell them individually, right now we have to make them as ordered. It will be a 2 piece down-pipe but will have the Bell at the end like a diamond eye exhaust, some may need to cut that off and get an adapter to finish it out as per your exhaust, but it will at least get you all the way down to it now. As of now this is the only way we are having them made. I will update when we get some better pics so you all can take a look. Sorry for the delays here but this time of the year is extremely busy!

m j

Reaction score
stainless? add me to the list when available please
I used the lower half of a stainless DP and extended the bit you provided to meet it.

KYpatriot

Reaction score
Arghhh. I just did an intercooler, deleted pedestal, new ebpv housing, and new bellowed uppipes, and brute66. Literally just did it two weeks ago. I could have been pretty close to this setup with a basb for all i have in it now.

Would these pipes be compatible with a banks cooler if i got the new plenums? Hate to think about re doing all of it but ive heard the basb is a great charger i need low end spool for towing with my 5 speed. I dont like smoke for towing, dont want sooty horses.

This would be for a 96.

rusty1161

Reaction score
Matt,

I received my down pipe Friday and finally had time to get it in tonight. That is a nice piece of work! Like you guys said, it's still tight and takes some massaging but it makes hooking up to my existing exhaust much better.

And your tip to loosen the up pipes was the ticket. It slid right in, like butter!

Thank you! You guys rock!

Rusty

mattman347

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back! These downpipes are working out great for us and make the kit more complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty1161

Reaction score
Matt, I know you mentioned cab mounts in one of our emails, and I thought I was good since I replaced my original ones with poly 4 years ago. Well, I had bought new OEM rubber cab bushings to attempt to improve the ride quality. Well, I just got to them yesterday and found that the poly bushings were sagging, too. The new OEM rubber bushings fixed an intermittent rub from the downpipe. And the other vibrations and bumps are way better now with the new rubber bushings. Just an FYI for others, new bushings help!

Rusty

zilla68

Reaction score
I have a question, why is this down pipe like this? Do I have the right one? basb on an obs. It is directly in the path of the trans line, and there is absolutely NO way to "bend" the lines out of the way, the DP is in direct path of the fitting coming out of the trans.
IF I was able to bend the lines out of the way, there is no way the trans dipstick would fit.

not sure what is going on, but its going to be a huge undertaking on getting this to fit around the trans lines.

Help me out here Irate, am I doing something wrong? can't imagine what the issue would be, its pretty forward bolt in deal on the down pipe, not sure how I could screw that up lol.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3949.JPG
    IMG_3949.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 123

zilla68

Reaction score
my issue though is the damn down pipe is almost hitting the trans line, there is no way I could bend that line, its actually almost touching the trans fitting. i'm not sure how a cab bushing would affect this though, the motor is bolted to the frame, and the trans is bolted to the frame crossmember/motor, so If the cab bushing was bad, I would have fit issues with the downpipe hitting the cab.
maybe i'm way off base. thanks for your help and input, but something is just not right with this set up.

rusty1161

Reaction score
My thought is if your cab bushings are bad, that's keeping the downpipe from taking a path over the trans cooler line and fitting. Just something to consider with these old trucks.

Rusty

Strokersace

Reaction score
I had something similar a couple years ago with an Irate downpipe. I had to end up cutting and reconfiguring it to where it should be.

zilla68

Reaction score
My thought is if your cab bushings are bad, that's keeping the downpipe from taking a path over the trans cooler line and fitting. Just something to consider with these old trucks.

Rusty

oh I see, the front of the cab might be facing down, but wouldn't I see gap issues on the fender/door spacing?

m j

Reaction score
I had to replace cab bushings when I did my t4 swap. I had issues getting uppipes to play nice until the mounts were done

Latest posts

Members online