Speedometer/odometer question...

RattlinFord

Reaction score
I have a peculiar issue with my E99 Super Duty. The speedometer doesn't work, the odometer does. I'm trying to determine if my cluster is gone or if it's a sensor. I'm about certain the speedometer gets its feed from the ABS sensor. Does the odometer get its feed from there too? If not, where does it get its feed? If they get them from two separate places, then an ABS sensor could get my speedo rocking again. If they get their feed from the same spot, I'm gonna need a cluster...

Anyone ever torn into one of these clusters? Is there a solder that breaks or what? I know there are services out there to fix them but I don't have the desire or the money to send my cluster off...

Thanks all!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I have a peculiar issue with my E99 Super Duty. The speedometer doesn't work, the odometer does. I'm trying to determine if my cluster is gone or if it's a sensor. I'm about certain the speedometer gets its feed from the ABS sensor. Does the odometer get its feed from there too? If not, where does it get its feed? If they get them from two separate places, then an ABS sensor could get my speedo rocking again. If they get their feed from the same spot, I'm gonna need a cluster...

Anyone ever torn into one of these clusters? Is there a solder that breaks or what? I know there are services out there to fix them but I don't have the desire or the money to send my cluster off...

Thanks all!

Did you check the speed sensor on the top of the rear axle?

RattlinFord

Reaction score
No, that's the one I was referring to as the ABS sensor. The odometer works, and if they both use the VSS, then that would tell me it's a cluster problem.

Anyone ever torn into one of these clusters?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
No, that's the one I was referring to as the ABS sensor. The odometer works, and if they both use the VSS, then that would tell me it's a cluster problem.

Anyone ever torn into one of these clusters?

My late 99 speedometer didn't work but the ODO did it was the speed sensor on the rear axle also had a 2001 V10 F-250 that had the same problem speed sensor fixed it I would start from there.

Latest posts

Members online