White smoke at idle and take off only???

Addicted4

Reaction score
2005 ford f250 cclb 4x4 auto

Truck ran great for along time then it started smoking, then it was all the time. Did a egr delete, stop smoking but turbo was not working till like 55-60mph at full throttle. Took the turbo off and cleaned it put back on and runs great with one minor execption it smokes at idle and when you take off but doesn't while driving. If you let off the pedal at 60 and touch the pedal again it smokes wtf? Cleaned ebp sensor and checked ficm voltage 48.5 volts key on and idling. What am I missing?? Doesn't over heat or skip a beat power or running wise fires up on cold mornings fine. It has a programmer but don't what it is diet come with it

ghohouston

Reaction score
Straight pipe or stock exhast? Run your finger through the tailpipe, smell it, does it smell sweet? Is it wet? Does the white smoke/exhaust smell sweet like coolant, or like burning oil?

Addicted4

Reaction score
It's not sweet little oil smell but it didn't smoke until I took the turbo apart and cleaned everything and put back on, the smoke burns my nose and eyes

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
I had the same symptoms a while ago, replaced the turbo with a Powermax and never had any problems since. My old turbo was burning oil.

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
The bad turbo I had poured white smoke at stop lights and when I first took off. After that it was clean. I guess the oil would pool when you're not moving or there isn't any air pressure going through the pipes and the heat would burn it off.

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
Never looked into it. I figure if something breaks i'll get the best part there is for it so it'll never break again.

ghohouston

Reaction score
i just replaced the turbo on my moms 2005 6.0 excursion today, it was smoking at idle and on takeoff, the exhaust was wet with oil, and smelled of burning oil. i put an 03 turbo on and now it sounds amazing, and no more burning oil. sad though, it only had 62k on it

OBS F350

Reaction score
Had the same problem with mine. But also at wot from a roll it would pour white smoke/black smoke more then normal. Replaced the turbo with a used one and its fine now... mine was pretty shot lol.

Latest posts

Members online