Roll Pans

907DAVE

Reaction score
What the best brand to go with?

I dont mind a bit of welding if needed.

What happens to the factory tow hitch and spare tire?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Grant kustoms if you want the best quality or sir michaels they are both top notch, I haven't ran them on my superduty just my ranger so I can't answer the other questions

Tonka350

Reaction score
when I was looking for a rollpan Grant WASN'T making a rollpan for the superduty, I specifically called them and talked to them. I went with a sir michaels and love the look, but where your license plate bolts at the bottom find a way to support it from the rear as well and you'll be happier, otherwise it will flop.

Chad

Lowdown89

Reaction score
when I was looking for a rollpan Grant WASN'T making a rollpan for the superduty, I specifically called them and talked to them. I went with a sir michaels and love the look, but where your license plate bolts at the bottom find a way to support it from the rear as well and you'll be happier, otherwise it will flop.

Chad

When I was talking to bob on Facebook I could have sworn he said he was making them for superdutys I have one of his complete tailgate skins on my ranger and had a roll pan frommhim on my other ranger and they fit great but sir michaels is also a great "looking" piece never dealt with the install on one from them So I can't comment there

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
What the best brand to go with?

I dont mind a bit of welding if needed.

What happens to the factory tow hitch and spare tire?

I had a fiberglass pan from Lund. I took both my hitch and spare tire off. The hitch would either have had to come out behind the license plate or lowered past the pan somehow. My rollpan did not have the access hole for the spare tire tool that allows you to lower the tire. So I could keep the tire under it, but would have to take the roll pan off to lower it if I ever had a flat.

I have no experience with the metal pans.

Tonka350

Reaction score
yeah I talked to Bob ( this was almost 2 years ago mind you ) that he wasn't making them at all because they were too complex....he does ALOT of mini truck work though, I had a calicombo on my s10 when I was a minitrucker.

Chad

907DAVE

Reaction score
I am liking the Grant Kustoms pan. Does anyone have one of these and know what needs to happen to keep the spare tire and hitch?

Tonka350

Reaction score
if you're going to keep the hitch with ANY rollpan it's either going to need to get moved back or get a hidden hitch. when we installed my rollpan we just moved the hitch back 1 bolt hole. I think 1 hole had to be drilled and 1 wasn't used but it still worked amazing. I pulled 10k lbs bumper hitch last year without an issue.

Chad

Dzchey21

Reaction score
if you're going to keep the hitch with ANY rollpan it's either going to need to get moved back or get a hidden hitch. when we installed my rollpan we just moved the hitch back 1 bolt hole. I think 1 hole had to be drilled and 1 wasn't used but it still worked amazing. I pulled 10k lbs bumper hitch last year without an issue.

Chad

I moved mine back 2 holes so I had to.drill 4 holes total. Sled pulled with it several times and it worked fine.

I'm probably going to.leave the hitch as close as possible when I put the stock bumper back on.

I have a street scene/line... Ect and it.fits pretty good but requires bracing to make it not flex all the time.

If I needed a reason to.weld mine on and repaint the bed I would def go that route

UNBROKEN

Reaction score

Chad
Bob still makes them. I recently put one on my truck. Theres pics on here somewhere.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Search roll pan in this forum, look on page 3 of the last thread listed. I put pics of several different pans in there.

JDub

Reaction score
I ran a Lund fiberglass pan on my 99, it fit really well, just had to build a couple brackets to attach it with. Had to removed the hitch, which wasn't an issue for me, but it could still be used, would just have to move it back about 3" on the frame.

2439471810075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.