How to make 900 and up RWHP - 6.4L

389sixpack

Reaction score
This thread is for sponsors/vendors (or users) to post a list of their dyno/race proven combination of parts and tunes to reach a good reliable 900 and up RWHP - 6.4L build.

The intent is giving users insight of what they need to buy and do to reach their RWHP goals.

It is not open for arguments!

Last edited:

mike@haller's

Reaction score
917hp fuel only

Here is a truck we did for a customer, he goes by boomersooner on here. Truck is a 2010 6.4 extended cab short bed. Has a 6 inch lift on 37's.
The truck has been built a few different times as parts became available. After alot of time (months) spent tuning the truck and the wastegate configuration the best number it has done is 917hp with custom tuning from Mike@KEM.

Current list of parts is-
Stock bottom end and cam.
Stage 2 ported heads from Elite with upgraded valve train.
6.0L exhaust manifolds and custom uppipes from Elite.
Egr delete with wastegate and CFM intake from Elite.
Banks air intake with lid removed.
Banks Intercooler with BD intercooler pipe.
Diesel Site boots on all intercooler joints.
Max power turbos (66mm over 82mm) from Elite.
BD blow off valve in hot side intercooler pipe.
Low pressure fuel system from Elite Diesel.
Industrial Dragon Fire 85% over injection pump.
Stock fuel lines to heads with Industrial Injection hold down clamps.
110 injectors from Elite.
4 inch Flow Pro exhaust.
Built transmission from Elite.

0531112027.jpg

This pic shows what I have been fighting on this truck for awhile. Power would completely fall off at 3200 rpm no matter what I tried. But after some considerable time on the dyno we were able to figure it out and get the truck to pull all the way to 4k rpm.

Here is the truck and a quick look under the hood. I have a million pics of the build if you guys want any specific pics let me know and i'll post em up.

Malstruck22.jpg

maxpowers22.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yes fuel only. The owner is not a fan of nitrous and I highly doubt this truck will ever see any nitrous.

Well I guess 900+ will just have to do for that DD then. LOL It seemed to run pretty clean on the dyno with the 110's. Did Mike's live tuning w/ KEM make a big difference?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Well I guess 900+ will just have to do for that DD then. LOL It seemed to run pretty clean on the dyno with the 110's. Did Mike's live tuning w/ KEM make a big difference?

To be honest the truck drove like crap till Mike live tuned it. It didn't spool well at all because it had so much low end fueling and the black smoke never ever cleared. It was embarrassing to drive around puking smoke everywhere.
He set the pulse width at only 1.9ms and did some tricks with converter lockup and made it so we could cancel overdrive with the tow/haul switch.
This truck drives amazing now. It spools damn near instantly and will light all 4 37's in 4wd if you push it. It smoked on the dyno a little bit but on the street it is pretty much smoke free.

jdgleason

Reaction score
To be honest the truck drove like crap till Mike live tuned it. It didn't spool well at all because it had so much low end fueling and the black smoke never ever cleared. It was embarrassing to drive around puking smoke everywhere.
He set the pulse width at only 1.9ms and did some tricks with converter lockup and made it so we could cancel overdrive with the tow/haul switch.
This truck drives amazing now. It spools damn near instantly and will light all 4 37's in 4wd if you push it. It smoked on the dyno a little bit but on the street it is pretty much smoke free.

Mike, what would towing be like with that set up? With the right tune of course? At all comparable to stock tuned?

Erikclaw

Reaction score

That is pretty good to hear, Mike is coming to CA in the future to tune a couple of trucks and I am planning on meeting up with him to dial mine in as good as we can.

Latest posts

Members online