paint body work???

shorty2tall

Reaction score
ok so after looking at some pics of trucks im going to get some prices on getting my truck painted.
Does anyone know of any good shops in the Cheyenne, WY or Fort Collins, Loveland, Denver, CO area? That does good work and and not over priced!
Any one have an idea on what it would be to paint probably different color then stock. its my CCLB and has hail damage which id either want filled or fixed. whatever would be better for the long run.
Thanks guy!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Full color swap, door jambs and all...if you get in the 6K range you're doing pretty good.
I'm paying 4K for my single cab short bed that will be a full color change and that's a buddy price.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Damn this is gong to be expensive. What if I keep it stock color will that help with the price?

You arent gonna get anything good for two grand...it isnt gonna happen...Maybe if you had a smartcar....

Three to four grand around here will get you a better than five year old stock paint job. Id say five plus is going to be a better number. If you need new sheetmetal due to hail damage(you said whats best for the longhaul) that gonna get expensive quick. Id say thats gonna run you 1500 a side, painted, on the box. Doors are 6 or 700 bucks just for the part.

If you can handle replacing the panels yourself and leave the final prep and painting to the bodyshop it could save you a lot of money.

A 2k dollar paintjob is gonna look like ****.....

TyCorr

Reaction score

While this is true, it depends on what kind of quality he wants. Id want door jambs painted. Not just the exterior finished surfaces. When you start taking stuff apart it gets expensive FAST...Know what I mean? Hell while you got all that old rubber off, might as well get new...it just keeps going

MAC

Reaction score
While this is true, it depends on what kind of quality he wants. Id want door jambs painted. Not just the exterior finished surfaces. When you start taking stuff apart it gets expensive FAST...Know what I mean? Hell while you got all that old rubber off, might as well get new...it just keeps going

Very true.

I was mainly talking about the metallic (tan?) paint is probably cheap, compared to a metallic blue, green, or red, (FYI to the OP, red is a very expensive paint color, keep that in mind)

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yep red is expensive...but in comparison to what labor costs I wouldnt let it deter me either.

Yeah the tan is probably fairly inexpensive, comparatively. I bet the tape stripe and decals arent though. For some reason that stuff used to be so damn expensive.

89xj

Reaction score
red is no reall different in price when it come down to it, theres a rule of thumb with body shops, i tell everyone this, ive been doing it for 12 years an work at a high end shop, pick two of three. cheap, fast, good, cheap and fast wont be good, fast and good wont be cheap.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Quality, Schedule, and Cost. Ive not really heard them explained like that 89xj. :thumbup:

Its easy to maintain two at all times on a project. To keep all three in check is where skill comes in.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Yea I've been going through the same thing, an to do my cc/lb I've gotten anywhere between 4-6800 to do my truck. That's also with me doing a lot of the disassembly an prep work, keep in mind my truck is straight an doesn't have any rust.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Mine has no rust but some hail damage, but if i paint it im buying a aftermarket hood. there is also a large dent in the bed but i may just buy a new bed, i can get one for 1000 or less.
when i get the quote im going to ask what all i can do to lower the price.

Latest posts

Members online