p1744 torque convertor not locking

chappy

Reaction score
Well the trucks been great no trans problems and the tonight I left to go to town and it wouldn't lock the convertor at 45-50mph like usual. Took it up to 60 and let off the throtle to see if i would and the tow haul light starts flashing. Pulled the code p1744 which looks like its a convertor peformance code. It is a suncoast convertor in it and never any signs of slipping before with the trans. I cleared the code,shut the truck off and tried reloading the tune so maybe it could relearn but it still does the same thing. I have not loaded a tune previously for a couple months.

chappy

Reaction score
Forgot to mention the trans temp clibed pretty quick. Left the houseat 80 degrees and after my 4 mile trip it was 167. Thats in 35 degree weather.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
When the torque converter is unlocked the trans will heat up a lot faster.

It could be the torque converter, it could be a bad solenoid, or it could be a bad seal. It's pretty difficult to tell without a teardown.

chappy

Reaction score
Well I guess i'll start with the easiest and throw a solenoid in it and go from there. That answers the heating up quicker, I never thought of that. Thanks mark

chappy

Reaction score
Well solenoid did not do the trick so I'm gonna have the convertor tested. Looks like the trans is coming out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.