Solenoid next to fuel bowl

gijoe4500

Reaction score
What is the solenoid under the plastic cover by the fuel bowl? Mine is broken, yet the truck still starts and runs fine.

gijoe4500-albums-1995-psd-picture10491-solenoid.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Glow plug relay...

Go to Napa and pick up a GPR-109... Do not tell them you need a glow plug relay for a powerstroke or they will sell you a $75 POS... Tell them you want a GPR-109 and you will walk out with a glow plug relay for about $35 bucks.

gijoe4500

Reaction score
Glow plug relay...

Go to Napa and pick up a GPR-109... Do not tell them you need a glow plug relay for a powerstroke or they will sell you a $75 POS... Tell them you want a GPR-109 and you will walk out with a glow plug relay for about $35 bucks.

Awesome. Thanks. $35 is a lot better than the $70-75 I was seeing everywhere.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Or you can get a western plow relay for 12 bucks.

I have never done this, may have to try one... Any personal experance?

Any difference between this, and a starter solenoid? It looks just like the starter solenoid on every ford truck i have... and I have half a dozen of those laying around.

It is more or less the same, you could try one, it may last a week, it may last a year...

Keep in mind the glow plugs turn on every time you turn the key (more or less) and it gets a large workout.

gijoe4500

Reaction score
It is more or less the same, you could try one, it may last a week, it may last a year...

Keep in mind the glow plugs turn on every time you turn the key (more or less) and it gets a large workout.

Sounds like I should just stick to GPR-109. I don't mind spending the money to do it right. Afterall, $35 isn't much.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Sounds like I should just stick to GPR-109. I don't mind spending the money to do it right. Afterall, $35 isn't much.

Hell if that plow relay works I would go that route, I just dont like recomending things I have not done or tried. I might have to pick one up...:D

gijoe4500

Reaction score
Hell if that plow relay works I would go that route, I just dont like recomending things I have not done or tried. I might have to pick one up...:D

I can't buy plow relays off the shelf. It would have to be an internet order part. In 26 years, it has snowed at my house 1 time. Roughly 1/4" of snow hit the ground.

gijoe4500

Reaction score
Its giant and built like a brick **** house. It's like the Chuck Norris of relays.

If memory serves me correctly, Chuck Norris died in Way of the Dragon. Got his ass handed to him by Bruce Lee. Where can I get the Bruce Lee of relays? lol

Will the stancor relay be a direct swap? Or will I need to change any of the connectors on the wiring?

Latest posts

Members online