Attention all 5 speed AIC/APCM users

superduty4x4

Reaction score
The other night I installed the AIC I've had for a while now in my 97. My last 2 trucks were autos and I had no problems being able to see the AIC from the driver's seat. The new truck is a 5 speed and its hard to see the unit, especially when in high gear. Just curious if anyone has mounted theirs in some location other than the factory one, and if you have a pic of where/how you mounted it.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think that is pretty big to go any place but below the dash. Have you thought about reworking the bracket to mount it on the drivers side like the Super Duty does?

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I think that is pretty big to go any place but below the dash. Have you thought about reworking the bracket to mount it on the drivers side like the Super Duty does?
When I had it in my 96 which was an auto, I ran it with the bracket flipped backwards from what it should be which brought it closer to the driver. I tried that in this truck but there isn't enough room between the gear shift and the AIC, so I had to flip the bracket back around. A real good spot for it would be under the cubby hole in the dash but thats where my brake control lives, and I'm not sure if it would look good there or not (and would also require a couple extra holes and probably some braces under the dash to support the unit).

Tom S

Reaction score
I watch mine for some reason for the RPMs sometimes. Kinda intersting to see how the cruise control works.

broodu

Reaction score
ok i was hoping someone was gonna post a pic to save me from having to ask this but. what is an AIC?

Tom S

Reaction score
100_1066.jpg

superduty4x4

Reaction score
AIC stands for Auxiliary Idle Control, also known as an APCM (auxiliary powertrain control module). It lets you elevate the idle speed for quicker warm ups, jump starts, winching, and if you have the correct module PTO operation.

Tom S

Reaction score
It also has a charge protect mode. I think that was primarily for ambulances but might also work for winching. It elevates the idle to meet a set voltage level.

Latest posts

Members online