BPD Oil Bypass

Goose

Reaction score
*Disregard the different color parts. You'll get the idea*

1) First thing I did was made sure I had all the parts(and I did).

Axle023.jpg

2) Next I installed the plugs and fittings into the filter base. The plugs are 3/16 allen key and the fittings are 1/2 wrench. I used a socket to put those on.

DSC_0936-1.jpg

DSC_0935-1.jpg

3) Now I bolted the filter base onto the bracket. The bolts are 1/2 and you will need a wrench and socket. (See above pics)

4) Mark a hose so you do not get the two mixed up. Route the hose from the engine compartment down to where the filter base will be mounted. Make sure they are not in the way of the fan or resting against anything that could possibly rub through the hoses.

Axle029.jpg

5) Connect the hoses to the filter base (9/16). The longer hose that returns the oil to the oil fill tube attaches on the fitting that says "Oil Out". The shorter hose that goes to the OEM oil filter housing attaches to the fitting that says "Oil In".

DSC_0977-1.jpg

6) Take out the two bolts on the passenger side tow hooks. The size is 18mm. Install the bracket holding the filter base where those bolts are and reinstall the bolts. This is the only part of the install that you might need an extra set of hands although, I was able to do it by myself with no problems.

Axle027.jpg

7) Install the fittings (11/16) on the oil fill cap and oil filter cap and connect the correct hose to each one. Remember: The longer hose that is connected to the "Oil Out" fitting on the filter base will go to the fitting on the oil fill cap. The shorter hose connected to the "Oil In" fitting will be connected to the OEM filter.

IMG00229-20110927-1542.jpg

IMG00228-20110927-1542.jpg

8) Crank the truck up and check for leaks. I suggested driving the truck to see higher oil pressure.

9) Remove the two 13mm bolts holding the bumper brace. Set the rock guard in and reinstall the tow bolts.

IMG00204-20110922-0757.jpg

This is how I have my hoses routed, but I will probably be moving them further away from the CAC and turbocharger.
IMG00203-20110922-0757.jpg

As you can tell, the bypass kit comes in different colors. Billet aluminum, Red, Blue and Black.

-1.jpg

2003-2007 F-Series, Bypass Oil Filtration Kit, Bumper

dfuzz78

Reaction score
SWEET! Would it require any additional quarts of oil added to the engine? Also, does the factory filter element remain in the filter housing? What would the recommended oil change interval be with the bypass filter? Thanks!

Last edited:

Goose

Reaction score
Probably an extra quart. I never really noticed since I put 4 gallons of oil in anyway. The stock filter stays in place. I still only go 5000 miles OCI