Vgt turbo'd 7.3

ford_trck

Reaction score
The guy was on the org for a little while. It's a 6.0 turbo on a 7.3. With a little help he even made the VGT controller.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Is it just me or is that whistle annoying? Can't stand the 6.0 whistle and that just makes it worse. I like the noise of a turbo spooling but that is unnecessary.

dp42

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Search the org. I don't think it was hard. I looked at it a while back nick but cant remember anything about it really. Just remember some stuff.

As for the whistle, its sexy, oh well.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Is it just me or is that whistle annoying? Can't stand the 6.0 whistle and that just makes it worse. I like the noise of a turbo spooling but that is unnecessary.

I'm with this guy that was annoying lol kinda cool but mainly annoying.
I don't think my 38R is that loud. It dose make the exhaust a lot louder compared to a stock turbo but I don't notice a huge difference with the turbo it's self.

Marty

Reaction score
I feel like this should only be done for the "wow" factor or whistle. Pointless to spend the money on the one off fab with a sub-par turbo for the money for any other reason IMO.

Definitely get people to be like WTF is in that?

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I'm with this guy that was annoying lol kinda cool but mainly annoying.
I don't think my 38R is that loud. It dose make the exhaust a lot louder compared to a stock turbo but I don't notice a huge difference with the turbo it's self.

The newer 38rs are not half as loud as the old ones. I have one that is probably 5 or so yrs old and its way louder than both of my buddies that just bought one. Turbo itself and my actual exhaust is louder. I like mine alot better :D

Hard to tell from that video but I don't like the exhaust sound under hard acceleration almost like it wasn't there. (Not the vgt whistle, normal exhaust note of a 7.3) I agree with Marty, this is alot of work for just noise. I don't see there being performance gains, especially when the vgt guys try to stray away from them to non-vgt chargers.

DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have a number of customers running them. I have not live tuned on one but they seem to love the setup.

Jody

Latest posts

Members online