A very beautiful Turbonetics mount kit

Reaction score
i got this Kit from Nate at Unlimited Diesel,.. this is a complete kit..and I do mean complete.. from what i understand he has a few more kits to unload for $1399 shipped to the lower 48....the collector, bellow up pipes, intake "Y", IC pipes hot/cold side, 2 piece 4" down pipe and the air breather tube are all polished SS..even the bellows and flanges are nice and shiny.. the kit came with all clamps,boots, fittings, nuts and bolts to put it together,,it also came with plenum inserts that go on the out side of the plenums..not on the inside making for a smaller hole.. I'm thinking billet plenums would be a nice touch with this kit,,the kit also came with a turbo blanket and a AEM dry flow cleanable air filter..this is a very beautiful kit if I may say so my self..I'm pretty proud of it..thanks a lot Nate... i cant wait to get this on my truck...

P/N 11266

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
thats a very sharp looking kit!! i wish i hadnt of spent all my money on a 38r when i did i would certainly be running one of these setups.. maybe one day lol

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Looks amazing, hard to hate on something that nice looking. Buuut the fabricated plenum Y, is it missing something? Doesn't look right

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Looks amazing, hard to hate on something that nice looking. Buuut the fabricated plenum Y, is it missing something? Doesn't look right

Its because its built to use 45* plenum boots instead of straight plenum boots. I hope there is a strap to hold it down into the boots....

Looks real good either way.

Reaction score
thanks guy's.. I hope to have the truck on the road in a couple of weeks..I have to hold off on my complete overhaul for now..13 more payments and my house is paid for so money is kind of tight right now..I found a strong running 97 motor with 97k on it ill be dropping in for now..I cant stand to see my truck parked.
as for the "Y".. it looked funny to me as well..I didn't read the instructions yet and only took the pipes out and snapped I picture then put them back in the box..as HRT said..per instructions the boots are 45* and in the directions there is no strap or bracket to hold it down..maybe that's why they include the inserts? maybe I can make some kind of bracket that will hold it at one of the bungs if it present a problem..
i cant seem to find what the 2 bung's in the collector are for.. can i get BP reading from them??

Last edited:
Reaction score

did some digging..the TN kit moves the turbo forward to clear the cowl..doing that you need to move the "Y" forward..this is why it uses a 45* boot and why the "Y" just doesnt look right... how do the other kits "Y" get held in place?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
did some digging..the TN kit moves the turbo forward to clear the cowl..doing that you need to move the "Y" forward..this is why it uses a 45* boot and why the "Y" just doesnt look right... how do the other kits "Y" get held in place?

Most "kits" bolt the "Y" down with a strap of some sort to keep from pulling out of the boots at high boost pressures - I see in inserts you speak of now in the pic, I didn't before. Those inserts should help - I would install everything according to the TN instructions, making sure to spray some hair spray in the boots before installation and see how it all works. If you have an issue with keeping the "Y" on the boots in the valley - then there are options such as welding a bung onto the "Y" and making a metal strap that actually bolts it and holds it down into the valley.

Those bungs on the mount are for thermocouples, but you could just as easily use one or both for back pressure readings.

Reaction score
thanks HTR.. I think now I will get them billet plenum's.. Beans has a nice set.but there not ready yet.. I didn't put them inserts in a very good spot did I ? they seem to blend in with the turbo blanket..they go on the out side on the plenum..not the inside..there held in place with a tight fit and the use of JB weld.. billet would be stronger and look so much better IMO..
should I run pyro in one hole and BP in the other..or keep my pyro where it is at now and run 2 BP gauges?..

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Jb weld LOL looks like the only way to think out of the box on the plenum insert idea that riffraff had was to go wayyy out of the box LOL

Reaction score
Jb weld LOL looks like the only way to think out of the box on the plenum insert idea that riffraff had was to go wayyy out of the box LOL

they fit tight as it is..the JB is like a sealer and it is pretty amazing stuff but a no brainer would be to run a bead of weld around the bottom (maybe top inside)...problem solved..the instructions might even say to do that..i havent read them yet...i would have a very strong plenum and still have my full 3 inches..but billet would be even stonger,have a even bigger opening and look so much better..

Ron, could you make a hold down bracket to tie into the stock OBS lift pump hold down bolts?

thats a thought..thanks..I think its going to depend on how far forward it moves..

what turbo are you going to run with this kit?

thinking the S467...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.