Back Pressure Gauge

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I used a regular boost gauge, 60#. I put a fitting off the front of my passenger header, using 1/8 copper line I wrapped it around a spray paint can or something similar diameter 6-8 rounds, then across the front of the engine behind the belt, off the ps pump bracket, under the air filter, then made a few more loops, changed into nylon line then into the cab. you want a large amount of line so you don't get actual soot in the gauge, just compress the air already in the line into the gauge. After ~10,000 miles mine is clogged probably near the header so I have to get it cleaned out.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
:whs:

However I didnt do the copper line. I just T'd into the factory exhaust backpressure sensore and ran the 60psi mechanical boost gauge.

I like it clogged, when you floor it, it stays in the higher spot for a bit. So even after I let off the throttle I can see what my bp was on that run LOL

02BigD

Reaction score
Kris, how far along the line, does the copper get hot enough to mess up a sender?

On edit; it's been so long, I forgot where the back pressure sensor was mounted. N/m

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I would put as much line as you can between the heat source and the sender. Especially if its electronic, you really don't want the soot getting to it easily. I probably used about 8-10', guess its not enough :shrug:

farm boy

Reaction score
I tee'd into my EBP sensor. Wrapped the copper tubing around some 2" pipe and ran nylon tubing to a liquid filled gauge so it doesn't flutter.

IMAG0050.png

IMAG0049.png

IMAG0048.png

IMAG0051.png

IMAG0052.png

IMAG0053.png

dave186

Reaction score
I just have mine teed into the back pressure sensor, if the factory electronic sensor can live there, so can a piece of plastic tubing. Havent had any problems, I dont see a need for all that copper tubing.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have mine T-ed off the factory BP gauge...

I prefer to have my gauges tell me what they are watching...

Isspro Performax or EV-2...

Exhaust Back Pressure.

No copper to plug (used to run a mechanical gauge, had to change tubing every few months).

2585481000100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so i copied farmboys set up, well somewhat.. i had a cheap oil pressure gauge already laying here so i used that but the needle vibrates so bad that you cant read it..... can i put a dampening fluid in the line near the gauge to settle it down or will that not work?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so i copied farmboys set up, well somewhat.. i had a cheap oil pressure gauge already laying here so i used that but the needle vibrates so bad that you cant read it..... can i put a dampening fluid in the line near the gauge to settle it down or will that not work?

anyone have any ideas or do i need to switch gauges?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yeah i went the cheap route... but i did put brake fluid in the line near the gauge and its smooth as glass until it gets past 35 lbs then flutters just a bit...

Latest posts

Members online