HPOP?

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
I have a 02 7.3. Recently its cranking longer to start. I hooked up AE and ICP rarly reaches 2000 psi at WOT. What do you guys think? HPOP getting weak? I have several datalogs i can email, wont let me attach them to post.If you want them let me know. Thanks for any help.
Justin 765-610-8234

Tom S

Reaction score
I would also have in mind crappy injector O-rings or injectors that are bleeding off HP oil pressure as well.

Rustin

Reaction score
I would also have in mind crappy injector O-rings or injectors that are bleeding off HP oil pressure as well.

I was wondering if that might be my problem? I'm not seeing any smoke, my truck runs normal, but my pressure is not up. I'm seeing the same thing the OP is?

Tom S

Reaction score
If the injector O-rings have never been changed I would certainly consider that as they do tend to die with long use. The guys from Swamps or one of the other injector shops could probably also give you some ideas on if it is getting time for an injector rebuild given your mileage/use/maintinance.

When you were testing was that with the chip in the hottest setting and with the truck at WOT at say 3000RPM. What was the pressure and the duty cycle?

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
It about the same in any tune. Most icp i have ever seen is about 2000-2100psi. Duty cycle stays less then 40-45% at WOT. Icp voltage gets up to about 2.66 volts at 2000 psi. Fuel injector pulse width gets up to almost 5ms. Is that normal? I can email some data logs if you want.

Tom S

Reaction score
Interesting but glad you kinda layed out that you really do not have a mechanical issue.

Latest posts

Members online