Decal Removal

Spatel23

Reaction score
Id wash the area, then use a hot blow dryer and work under one edge with your finger nail. Once you get a little bit peeled up, keep the hot air on and under it and the sticker should peel off.

Wax the area after to remove any leftover residue.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If they have been on the life of the truck it will be a little harder. On mine I waited till it was warm outside and let the sun hit them for a while.
Then carefully pulled them off, most of the glue came with them. The rest of the glue I used WD-40. Worked great. Did the same thin on my 04 I had. Just FYI though. If the bedsides have ever been re-painted I would think twice. If the stickers were put on while the paint was not cured fully you might pull some of the clear with it.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Just let the sun heat them up and got a corner started. But too a while cuz the decal started to tear apart easily due to the age making it longer process to remove it.

Dave

Reaction score
Heat gun and peel it off. Just did mine last weekend

Pmac21

Reaction score
I would heat the sticker up and pull it off. Then get an eraser wheel for a drill. I took the dealership logo off my tailgate last weekend with one. It makes getting the glue off a lot easier.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Peel the sticker slow and most of the stickyness will stay on the sticker. Also you will find that to hot is not good. But when you find the sweet spot it comes right off.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Prolly gonna try this either later today(let the sun get it nice and warm) or tomorrow. Hopefully the wife doesn't mind me using her hair dryer. lol.

anthony02tolson

Reaction score
I used a heat gun..dont get to close tho as you can bubble the paint..After i removed the stock decal I buffed it to blend it in where the sun sorta bakes the lining..I then used glass cleaner to dull it before i laid on my new black decal..Good luck

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Well I removed the decal today. I washed the truck, let the sun hit em for a bit, and they peeled right off. Looks like the paint was a little faded though and you can still see where they were if you look closely. Pics coming up.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Decals removed.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
After a couple of waxes or a good buffing you will hardly ever know it was there or even at all. Mine was similar when I removed it and now you can't tell.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Before you know it you won't see anything. Definitely looks better without it. I wish I had taken mine off sooner than I did.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.