darkhorse diesel ccv reroute install

8luggin

Reaction score
purchesed ricky and joshes ccv reroute for my truck got it in and installed less than 30 mins.

kit came with all new pieces
ccv
black fabric braided line with an 10 fittings
scavenger
chair tip
zipties

*will have picture of how the scavenger should be welded in tomorrow* for right now i just have it venting to the atmosphere.

used a 5/16 socket and 1/2 inch drive rachet with flate blade screwdriver and pair of pliers.

ccv11.jpg

ccv1-1.jpg

ccv5.jpg

ccv4.jpg

ccv8.jpg

ccv9.jpg

ccv10.jpg

thanks ricky and josh if anybody else would like one give them a shout.

Last edited:

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Thanks for posting your install pics, that something we never got around to doing ourselfs. We making more kits right now and will be ready to ship next week for anyone who is interested.

Smokyred

Reaction score
Why is the factory oil fill replaced? And can it be run as a road draft tube only or does the kit require routing it into the exhaust?

Dave

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
PM's sent. The oil fill is replaced because that is were our AN fitting is bonded to. We start with new parts to ensure a solid lifetime bond between the two parts. Yes it can be used as a draft tube if you don't want to connect it to your exhaust.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
the distance inserted, while important, is nowhere near as important as the angle.

if too inline with the exhaust flow, will actually suck the oil out of the motor, or at the very least create a huge vacuum inside the case.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
the distance inserted, while important, is nowhere near as important as the angle.

if too inline with the exhaust flow, will actually suck the oil out of the motor, or at the very least create a huge vacuum inside the case.

Right, angle is very important. The bung we ship with each kit is already cut at a 45 degree angle.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Time for me to do something like this. I am getting tired of the constant haze after towing. I come off the highway and get a constant haze up the side of the truck. So whats the proper angle? diameter? striaght cut, slash cut?

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
45 degrees is the correct angle. The weld in bung is already cut at 45 degrees, just weld the angles end flush with the exhaust. The scavenger fitting is also cut at a 45 degree angle and just threads into the welded bung.

brkncly

Reaction score
Are these guys still in business, looks like a great product. Been on their website and tried calling but nothing. Any suggestions on how to get a hold of them?

fnlyfree

Reaction score
I email Ricky and have never had a problem getting a response. He usually replies in a few hours.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
brkncly, I tried to respond to your message but it said you account won't allow PM's. I returned your call and left a message.