Extended cab door: stuck shut. Help please.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
My left rear door on my extended cab is jammed shut. It seems that the bottom comes unlatched but the top does not. My uncles 99 did the same thing and we can't figure it out. How to i get to the latch to unlatch it and fix the problem?

Any helpful comments appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

Viking

Reaction score
Found this for you...

One of the cable ends finally wore out. take apart the door and sometimes if you pull the cable tight then pull the handle, it will open. The are over $100 from the dealer. comes as a cable/latch assembly.

Talk to sunrise ford in the sponsor section.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm starting to fix some issues to sell this thing and this one was a head scratcher. Can you get the door panels off without opening it, or do you have to just take the latch apart?

Arisley

Reaction score
You can take the panels off with the door cloased. The cable end for the top latch broke on mine. I pulled the cable, that opened the top latch. I removed the latch and cable assembly. I am currently running with only a bottom latch on my driver side. Looking for somebody parting out one with a good driver side latch and cable.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Thank you! The cable should be the same on the top of the passenger side so I could just use it right? Since you asked for the driver side already

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.