450/400's

907DAVE

Reaction score
Seem to be a pretty nice injector so far. I think I am on my fourth tune revision but things are looking great so far! Most my time was spent getting the idle stable and smooth, its not quite perfect yet, but damn close. Only real complaint I have with them is the haze at idle when the engine is cold. Some of this could be attributed to the lowered compression or the cam profile, but its really not too bad. With a little more time I believe I can clean it up.

Here's a couple shaky video's.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Not sure what happened to the sound in this one.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

It still needs to get cleaned up a bit under load, but I'm not too far off.

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Looks, great Dave! I'm already thinking about bigger injectors and a new turbo setup so I can comfortably see 650 on fuel only lol amd seeing videos like this don't help any lol

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
What do u need those bug injectors for up there in 8 months of winter? LOL. Good work Dave. Been contemplating coming up north again this year. If i do, I will call ya

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

907DAVE

Reaction score
Is that all? I have more haze at a cold idle with my 160/30's!!! Your videos look just fine to me!

The truck already had some temperature built up when I took that video, its more noticeable around 40*.

Looks, great Dave! I'm already thinking about bigger injectors and a new turbo setup so I can comfortably see 650 on fuel only lol amd seeing videos like this don't help any lol

Do it. Big injectors are nothing to be scared of!

What do u need those bug injectors for up there in 8 months of winter? LOL.

I know, I know. But there are 4 months of dry roads to enjoy them on.

I'm gonna go out on limb here....and say this truck idles CLEAN!

Looking great Dave!

Thanks Tim! I am sure you will have the chance to tool around in it sometime his summer.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
The truck already had some temperature built up when I took that video, its more noticeable around 40*.

Do it. Big injectors are nothing to be scared of!

I know, I know. But there are 4 months of dry roads to enjoy them on.

Thanks Tim! I am sure you will have the chance to tool around in it sometime his summer.

Oh I know! I really need to just stop building for what I can afford at the time and take my time and put exactly what I want together with the money I spent on the stage 1s and now the 250/200s I could be well on my way to big injectors lol once I nail down a nice single turbo setup and get that ball rolling I'm gonna work on some big injectors next time... Anyway sorry for the derail back to ow awesome running your truck is lol

907DAVE

Reaction score
This is my 3rd set of hybrids. Dont worry, I feel your pain.

Seriously though, you have a VERY strong running truck. Have you had a chance to use it yet, or is it still in progress?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
This is my 3rd set of hybrids. Dont worry, I feel your pain.

Seriously though, you have a VERY strong running truck. Have you had a chance to use it yet, or is it still in progress?

Thanks that means alot comming from you, because i have always admired the work you have put into your trucks and how well they run! I am Still waiting on bill to get the trans in, which should be this week and then he can do the final tuning.... After that all I have left to do is throw the gears in then it's just little stuff here and there until I can get the cash for some big injectors and a turbo setup that will be better suited for what I wanna do with the truck

Marty

Reaction score
Very clean. It'd be nice to run our trucks side by side to compare acceleration vs smoke. fwiw, dave is working on new 400 nozzle tunes.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Nice vids Dave, thanks for sharing. I can't believe how smooth and clean those injectors run. Thumbs up to Swamps, and to your tuning.

As for the haze at idle, maybe you should put the AIH back in LOL

And maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen pics anywhere of that truck or the engine running in the bay, is this a secret project? LOL

907DAVE

Reaction score
Nice, that looked pretty clean to me

Thanks! Its close, but not completely clean yet.

Thanks that means alot comming from you, because i have always admired the work you have put into your trucks and how well they run! I am Still waiting on bill to get the trans in, which should be this week and then he can do the final tuning.... After that all I have left to do is throw the gears in then it's just little stuff here and there until I can get the cash for some big injectors and a turbo setup that will be better suited for what I wanna do with the truck

Thank you sir! Just wait until you get your truck back before doubting your choices, you might be surprised. :)

Very clean. It'd be nice to run our trucks side by side to compare acceleration vs smoke. fwiw, dave is working on new 400 nozzle tunes.

I would be curious how it compares to a single, but have no doubt it can be cleaned up just fine.

Nice vids Dave, thanks for sharing. I can't believe how smooth and clean those injectors run. Thumbs up to Swamps, and to your tuning.

As for the haze at idle, maybe you should put the AIH back in LOL

And maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen pics anywhere of that truck or the engine running in the bay, is this a secret project? LOL

Here's the build thread:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11482

No secrets here, I am more than willing to share everything.

Here's a cold start video, not too bad as it was around 50* this AM.

YouTube Video

Latest posts

Members online