05-07 front end conversion

01platinum

Reaction score
For you guys that have done this conversion. Will the bumper brackets bolt up on my 01? I have the bumper ordered and guess now I need the brackets. Want to make sure it will all match up.

01platinum

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for that. Would you happen to have a part number? I have found two different brackets. One is just a straight bracket and the other is two brackets.

Last edited:

deiter5262

Reaction score
FYI-you really don't need the bumper brackets. The 05-07 bumper will bolt up directly on the front of the frame w/ a total of 4 5/8" bolts (I believe it what I put in there size) and the brackets on the side do mount to the frame but they are not needed by any means.

I do not have the side bumper brackets on my 06 bumper on my 2000 and i guarantee you my bumper isn't going anywhere! Now if I hit a deer it might bend a little more then if i had the brackets on each side for support.

06 front end was an easy swap, save yrself the headache buy a new header panel to put on yr new headlights & grill..any ? let me know

907DAVE

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for that. Would you happen to have a part number? I have found two different brackets. One is just a straight bracket and the other is two brackets.

I have a set sitting in a box at the shop, I can grab the part #'s for you if you are still interested. But, there is a total of four brackets....two that are long and skinny with about a 60* twist and two that are flat that bolt to the frame.

01platinum

Reaction score
I have a set sitting in a box at the shop, I can grab the part #'s for you if you are still interested. But, there is a total of four brackets....two that are long and skinny with about a 60* twist and two that are flat that bolt to the frame.

That is the one that I was looking at. Figured that was the kit I needed to bolt on the bumper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-07-FORD-SUPER-DUTY-250-FRONT-BUMPER-BRACKET-PLATE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aFordQ7cModelQ3aFQ2d250Q20SuperQ20DutyQQhashZitem2eb15d02f7QQitemZ200544158455QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Something like this? Just something I have found.

Last edited:

01platinum

Reaction score
FYI-you really don't need the bumper brackets. The 05-07 bumper will bolt up directly on the front of the frame w/ a total of 4 5/8" bolts (I believe it what I put in there size) and the brackets on the side do mount to the frame but they are not needed by any means.

I do not have the side bumper brackets on my 06 bumper on my 2000 and i guarantee you my bumper isn't going anywhere! Now if I hit a deer it might bend a little more then if i had the brackets on each side for support.

06 front end was an easy swap, save yrself the headache buy a new header panel to put on yr new headlights & grill..any ? let me know

That is how I did mine. I saved myself the headache and bought the header panel. Figure if you are going to do it do it right the first time. I have a ranch hand front bumper for my 01 so I just cut the bumper so it would fit like a 05-07.

907DAVE

Reaction score

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Dont forget to you'll need extra u-clips and bolts for the headlights (4 ea. per light) and the push pin connectors that snap the top pad and lower valance to bumper. The fogs need long bolts ,don't remember exact length ( 2 per. light ) to mount also.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Dont forget to you'll need extra u-clips and bolts for the headlights (4 ea. per light) and the push pin connectors that snap the top pad and lower valance to bumper. The fogs need long bolts ,don't remember exact length ( 2 per. light ) to mount also.

:whs: I went to drop my headlights in and found out I didn't have all the necessary u-clips or screws and if you are putting your bumper together you will need everything listed above...mine was already one piece.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
and depending on what your doin for lights, the pig tail adapter for the new head lights.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
THE REAL QUESTION is........How is your new paint job coming along.....Dont deny it....I Know that your truck is going to look bad ******* A when it gets back from paint. Kinda jealous....

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

That's the one thing I never got, and didn't realize I needed until the headlights were going in, those damn u clips for the top!

powr2stroke

Reaction score
That's the one thing I never got, and didn't realize I needed until the headlights were going in, those damn u clips for the top!

Lol , I didn't have all I needed either. Luckily I was at Swamps when I did it all and managed to find some extras laying around .

01stroker

Reaction score
I bought a factory OEM ford 06 lariat bumper, I used the existing brackets for the front. I guess I misunderstood the OP didn't have bumper brackets to begin with

So you didn't have to order bumper brackets? I am confused, I'm wanting to do the 05 swap myself and have heard different but trying to make the most of my money.