A little update from me

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, I have put quite a few miles on my truck with a little different setup, and I have to say that I love it.

I've been running Elite's 71mm atmosphere on a tune, intake, exhaust truck with a cac pipe. No, I didn't miss listing any mods.

So far, the turbo has been my favorite mod. The truck seems to be more responsive with the 71 than it was with stock turbos. Cruising down the road, and at WOT temps seem to stay right around 100* cooler than with the stock atmosphere charger. Plus, it pulls pretty hard! I am tickled with how the truck runs with what I have done to it. Cruising at 80 it normally runs below 700*, and that's alright with me. I've done some good heavy towing with it, and stayed under 1,000* even in my big tune.

The other change up I made was going to GearHead tuning. Matt built me a tune that continues to impress me everyday. The shifting is absolutely perfect. I was running Innovative's 3.01 tunes prior to trying the GearHead, and the GearHead tune is so much smoother, and the best DD tune I've ever driven. It is almost 100% smoke free (Even off idle) and it makes some killer power.

The truck has been unbelievably consistent both on the dyno, and at the track. The truck made 673 on the dyno last weekend. It made a best of 1380 ft lbs a few weeks back. Overall I'm super happy with how the truck runs and what a blast it is to drive on the street! Here's a video so you can get an idea of how clean it runs :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vV1NoaTNYI&feature=g-upl

nickg3130

Reaction score
I gotta say I'm loving mine too. I'm still running innovatives tuning and I can't wait for their new update to come out. I will be getting dyno numbers on mine either this week if not next. Great results!

MINK

Reaction score
Looove my Gearhead race tune, Matt is awesome to work with. Glad to see your results JD, 675hp must make for a great well rounded truck - I will be in contact soon!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I have nothing bad to.say about Matt he always gets me changes right away if I need them.

jd your truck looks amazing and runs pretty well too now we just need to train that right foot

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have been thrilled with mine and definitely it has been my favorite mod. Obviously being at 6000ft is different than 1000, but in my attempts to compare various programming, could you provide the Max boost, EGTs, Ebp you have seen at WOT, dynos, track runs?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Nice set up!! I will need to find a good tune soon also:)
Yes, yes you will! We will be collaborating with Mr. Robinson I believe :D
I didn't know Gearhead's tune was the one you made the 673 with. Impressive
Yes sir it was!
Looove my Gearhead race tune, Matt is awesome to work with. Glad to see your results JD, 675hp must make for a great well rounded truck - I will be in contact soon!
Wish you were closer... you need to ride in one!
Hmmm I just installed my gearhead race tune and love it, maybe ill have to try the 71 next by the sound of it

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Let me know if you have any questions buddy.
I have nothing bad to.say about Matt he always gets me changes right away if I need them.

jd your truck looks amazing and runs pretty well too now we just need to train that right foot
Matt is AWESOME to work with. I've been blown away a couple of times by his customer service. Great dude.

You're right.... I need some more experience! Not for lack of coaching though lol.
I have been thrilled with mine and definitely it has been my favorite mod. Obviously being at 6000ft is different than 1000, but in my attempts to compare various programming, could you provide the Max boost, EGTs, Ebp you have seen at WOT, dynos, track runs?
Let me data log some stuff. I have a couple logs saved, just nothin that I have even looked at yet.
What is fuel pressure holding at Wot?
I believe its around 25k... Let me double check that to be sure though.

Smokyred

Reaction score
Those are impressive numbers for the mods JD, how is the trans holding up? And how is the fuel mileage?

I was planning on studding mine before ordering an Elite 71 but I may just get the 71 sooner!

Dave

jdgleason

Reaction score
Those are impressive numbers for the mods JD, how is the trans holding up? And how is the fuel mileage?

I was planning on studding mine before ordering an Elite 71 but I may just get the 71 sooner!

Dave

The transmission is holding up surprisingly well. Obviously I'm not planning on it living forever, and I have arrangements in the works for a new one, but it is still living. I have beat on it hard and the converter is slipping a little, but it lasted sled pulling last weekend lol.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
That's awesome!! With all the 71 threads popping up, I believe its coming soon! And great job Matt on the tuning!

sent from somewhere in the country

clayton

Reaction score
Wow, thats impressive.
Few questions if you dont mind,
Gearhead tunes on which platform? SCT im thinking?
Do you have headstuds? I know you didnt mention them but I have to ask, lol.
What is the cost of the Elite 71mm and it can be installed cab-on?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online