So anyone around LA

Trapper

Reaction score
Kinda got an offer to work out there in the Ventura area or around them. Anyone have any good places to live out there?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Depends on your budget. I live in Moorpark. Definitely spendy but the school system is to die for and the town is nice. Thousand oaks Newbury park west lake etc are all nice.

Trapper

Reaction score
Im told in Ventura. Now I don't really know if they mean Ventura County. It might just be easier and cheaper to move back to Phoenix.

Trapper

Reaction score
I'm interested because of the nicer weather and maybe more money. But my friend in Huntington Beach doesn't even have AC in his place so there's some power saving there.
Bigpower didn't you have a nice 7.3 that you raced? Plates that said IPolute?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm interested because of the nicer weather and maybe more money. But my friend in Huntington Beach doesn't even have AC in his place so there's some power saving there.
Bigpower didn't you have a nice 7.3 that you raced? Plates that said IPolute?

Yessir. The old IPOLUTE ... Still have those plates somewhere. And yes , if you're in Ventura Oxnard area no ac needed. If the work is in Ventura you want to live there, I'm east Ventura county and it's a bit warmer , 13 miles from the beach. Ventura is the beach.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Lots of nice places around Ventura and close by to live . Camarillo , Oakview & Ojai are nice . Oxnard and Port Hueneme kinda suck . Where Bigr lives in Moorpark is really nice but like he said its further out . Fillmore and Santa Paula are ok also , just not much to do around there .

Trapper

Reaction score
How's the crime? It seems anything I look up makes it sound like there's a potential shoot out around every corner.

Trapper

Reaction score
Looks like Oxnard can suck. But really looking up the crime rates thee not to different from Houston. If your looking for trouble it's there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No crime where I live , there's parts of Oxnard that are pretty nice , Camarillo doesn't have much crime. What's ur budget? Renting or buying?

Trapper

Reaction score
I'm going to prob rent. I like the area of Moorpark. I'm looking for a 4br for @$2k if I can find one. I'm going to be making 13 more an hour I should do fine with what stuff can cost around there. I may come out for a few weeks and give it a try. You got any 7.3 stuff left?

Arisley

Reaction score
13 more per hour will be a wash from TX wages, maybe even a step back. You can get a single wide mobile home there for 2K a month, maybe.

Just ragging on CA a bit. Good luck.

Trapper

Reaction score
13 more per hour will be a wash from TX wages, maybe even a step back. You can get a single wide mobile home there for 2K a month, maybe.

Just ragging on CA a bit. Good luck.

That would be my wages. My wife is a teacher and I hear they do better out there also. Trying to live off my income and save hers. But I didn't see any single wides in Moorpark. Lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
my rental property is a 3 bedroom for 2k right now, you can prolly find a 4 bedroom for close to that. theres a 4br across the street from the house i live in for $2700 , but its a bit expensive in my neighborhood. i dont see 4br for 2k around town being that tuff.

Trapper

Reaction score
Good. I'm looking into work for the wife too. She likes teaching at the elementary level. I can just Google it. Maybe we will run into each other.

Latest posts

Members online