obspsd

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the cab off again due to head gaskets this time

2012-09-15_12-05-20_743_zps521a10ce.jpg

2012-09-15_14-43-31_59_zps1fbfb4b3.jpg

2012-09-15_13-15-06_849_zpsf5f8ed8e.jpg

obspsd

Reaction score
Yes stock gasket with arp. But I believe the gasket has been hurt since before i did studs and it finally let go but I'm going back with factory gasket and h11

JD3020

Reaction score
I really need to get measurements of our friends lift. Hopefully Friday/Saturday i'm gonna tear into my truck and i really don't wanna spend a couple days laying on top of a 7.3.

BTW, i know i've seen some "how-to's" for SD's, but could you write up something similar for lifting the cab on an OBS?

Homesteader

Reaction score
I'll be soon doing my cab as soon as my lift is installed.

Obspsd,how long did it take to remove your cab?

obspsd

Reaction score
I'm seeing 55-60 for boost and I'm currently running a couples different tunes. The up pipe is factory size, i bought pipes from Ford and made my own mount kit for about $150. And it takes me about 2 hours to get a obs cab off and that's with taking the radiator and batteries out to reduce stress on the fenders. I can do a write up with pics when i put it back together or i can just give a checklist of everything that needs to be unhooked

rat49f6

Reaction score
Checklist would be great ...i always forget the engine to cab ground when I pull an engine ...do'h

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

obspsd

Reaction score
Ok here is a checklist, and feel free to add anything i might forget.

I start by pulling the radiator and both batteries, also the Intercooler pipes if you have them

Passenger side:
Unhook heater lines from motor
Unhook wires from starter relay
Unhook hose to map sensor
Unhook the engine to cab ground
Disconnect a/c line to condenser

Driver side:
Disconnect a/c line to condenser
Unbolt a/c lines from compressor
Unplug main engine harness
Unbolt brake master cylinder
Disconnect steering shaft
There's a wiring harness under the brake booster that runs thru the firewall that has to be disconnected also.its the 3rd one over from the driver fender.
Also there's a ground on the core support infront of the battery that needs to be taken off

Under the truck:
Unplug both plugs on the Trans and the one plug from the transfer case
Disconnect the shift linkage
Take out the 4wd shifter
Disconnect parking brake

Now you should be ready to unbolt the 4 body bolts in the cab and the 2 on the core support and lift the cab. Also whatever gauges, fuel system, etc you have may require some unhooking also. I believe i got most of it, feel free to add to the list

Last edited:

obspsd

Reaction score

I have tunes from swamps, Beans, and elite on my chip right now so there's no pointing the finger at a tuner. I ran the truck with 238s and a s366 for awhile with no studs, and i don't take it easy on my truck. Its my own fault

K_Hood

Reaction score
man ever since I saw this truck in Bowling Green it still stands as my favorite on the forum :drool:. Looks like you have a great work area to work in too. Hopefully this is the last time you have to do anything like this for awhile.

obspsd

Reaction score
Thank you man, I'm lucky i have a shop with 4 lifts in it and Kentucky was a good time!

Latest posts

Members online