High power 7.3 compounds

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Is there a thread around here on high hp compound setups? Read all over the place about "daily drivers" and their compound setups... Didn't find much on competition trucks. If there is a thread, delete this one and show me where.

Lets start a discussion about turbos with 400+cc of use able fuel.

Who is using what? I know some people wont want to share secrets, but in my opinion we are all in the same sport so sharing within the community is a positive for everyone.

Dave@Swamps? Brian Jelich? Blowby? Anyone else with large nozzle experience?

PT105 feeding a s475 with a 1.0 housing? Any chance of being driven on the street reasonably?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I've got an S488/96 feeding and S476/88 in the shop getting ready to go together .... its getting spray bars in the intake plenums.... it should make power.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Blowby's twins are awesome on the street...even at high altitude.

What have his twins made on fuel only?

We are not opposed to nitrous, but I for some reason like playing with fuel only numbers more.

I like the idea of having 74-76mm of high pressure, but setting it up correctly to spool up nicely is the project that lies ahead.

JDub

Reaction score
700+ on multiple dynos...you would have to ask him for exact numbers. It uses a GQSSB as his high pressure.

Short Bus

Reaction score
66-95mm twins, drove fine on the street just got tired of working around everything and was too much power for a dd truck.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
What about a pt101 as the low pressure? To big?
Not too big at all. I know of 2 trucks at least that claim " decent spool up" with 101 or 105 chargers. You just need the fuel and great tuning it seems like. And some properly set up gates to spool the larger charger
66-95mm twins, drove fine on the street just got tired of working around everything and was too much power for a dd truck.
Good info!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Reason for the close sizes? School me....

Got the 76 for a good price used - its an older less efficient wheel and a decent starting point with the turbine wheels I think - the awesome thing about the S400s is the tunability - so many options to dial it in.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Not too big at all. I know of 2 trucks at least that claim " decent spool up" with 101 or 105 chargers. You just need the fuel and great tuning it seems like. And some properly set up gates to spool the larger charger

Good info!

So how do you think a pt101 would work with a s467fmw as the high pressure? This is a combo I've looked into just not sure if the s467 is a little to small.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So how do you think a pt101 would work with a s467fmw as the high pressure? This is a combo I've looked into just not sure if the s467 is a little to small.

that 467 flows a pretty damn good amount of air though.... Not your average 67 from the numbers ive seen.

I couldnt honestly tell you, I have fairly limited compound experience truthfully. Seems to me that would be a 700hp setup on fuel alone and still street around fairly good!

Anyone else with comments on that setup?

TARM

Reaction score
What are the higher fuel only numbers ever made with a 7.3 HUEI? I know 1K has been broken with NOS but what has been achieved fuel only? I know some of these may have not been on a dyno or report what they have done for reasons so this may not be possible beyond a guesstimate.

Any broken 800 or think someone may have?

TARM

Reaction score
Have you run that setup in your sig down the track? If so where do you end up RPM wise at the traps? Reason I ask is its been recommended to me that for that tire size its best to stick with the 3.73s but that was with the consideration of street use not track so I was wondering.

Latest posts

Members online