CCV mod elbow

Lang

Reaction score
What did you guys use to turn it down? been advised to put a small piece of hose off housing then put a elbow in then run it down the frame

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I did mine similar to what Arisely has stated. I turned the little doghouse around, put about 2" of hose, then took a 90* fitting and went up over the brake master cylinder down underneath the truck. After a while I got sick of the smell so I put a catch can under there and rerouted it back to the intake. Here are a couple pics...

51a96ca9.jpg

2d245bbb.jpg

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I did the same thing.
You may want to replace the orings on the dog house while you have it off, they are cheap and tend to leak.

Yep. I can almost guarantee they are shot. Every single time I have pulled the dog house off of a valve cover for the first time the o-rings fell apart.

Lang

Reaction score
Well I used clear vinyl hose, worm clamped 2" section to the housing, 90 degree fitting, ran it down the frame. Used 3/4" ID

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yup. The clear crap will get soft and fall apart in a few months.

I used heater hose about 5 years ago and its still "fine".

I also just flipped the doghouse around, RVT'ed it to the valve cover and over the brake booster.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I did mine similar to what Arisely has stated. I turned the little doghouse around, put about 2" of hose, then took a 90* fitting and went up over the brake master cylinder down underneath the truck. After a while I got sick of the smell so I put a catch can under there and rerouted it back to the intake. Here are a couple pics...

51a96ca9.jpg

2d245bbb.jpg

Where did you get the catch can. Need to do this to mine.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

bad12jr

Reaction score
Good deal. Ill check it out.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
:whs: do you get any oil back into the intake?

To be honest, it may get a tiny bit back in the intake. But definitely no where near noticeable. The way the catch can works is by putting the oily CCV air through a very fine metal screen. It then routes the "cleaned" air back into the intake. I will post up a picture tomorrow that shows the inside of the catch can.

So there really is no oil going back into the intake, just fumes. It will never be enough to actually leave oil in the intake though.

The main reason I did the catch can was to get rid of the smell.

Lang

Reaction score
So who's running it up over the master cylinder compared to running it straight down then along the frame and why?

dietoremain

Reaction score
So who's running it up over the master cylinder compared to running it straight down then along the frame and why?

Some say a 'low spot' may make it spit oil down alot more, honestly my hose runs all the way down my frame to the rear of the truck nearly no problems here.

Latest posts

Members online