best choice of turbo????

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
ok here i go i dont have any idea of what i need but after reading donzimamas buid i have been intreged

i want good reliable power and no smoke at idle (over fueling)

should i go non vgt if so i want the batmowheel the guy at bullseye told me to go with the = S368 V-Band Outlet 83/87 Turbine Wheel 0.80 A/R
0 in stock. Call before ordering.
Turbocharger Name - S385
Compressor Wheel Inducer - 68mm
Turbine Wheel Inducer - 83/87
Turbine Wheel Trim - 87
Turbine Option - Outlet - V-Band
Turbine Option - Inlet - T4
Turbine Option - A/R - 0.80
Horsepower Rating - 1400

http://www.bullseyepower.com/catalog.asp

or
VGT
if so what should i get

i want somthing my 190s can light up under 1000 rpm
like i said i have no clue about this

thanks for the input

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
:whs: that turbo you spec'd out is huge for normal street and you definitely won't be spooling anything close to that size under 1000 rpm.
if you want 550ish and something fast spooling, you might as well stick with a VGT like the powermax. It's still ideal for the street and you can still tow. plus it's cheap and a direct drop in. That's what I have with my 190's and it's a good setup. still hazes at idle but not too bad.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
go with some 155-190s and a powersmax and you be happy with it. keep it simple.

Highline South

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That's a big turbo. With a 66/68 .88 open and 225s it's not exactly a tow truck. Vgt will be tons more street friendly.

strokin6L

Reaction score
That's a huge ass charger. You definitly wont be towing the wieght you listed. And what size injectors did you plan on running with that size of a turbo?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I happen to know a powermax doesn't come close to cleaning the sticks he is running up, and would have considerable shaft play after 10k.

this is true...but it's still a great DD turbo. has plenty down low...just lacks some air up top but unless he's drag racing from light to light, it would be a good setup.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
this is true...but it's still a great DD turbo. has plenty down low...just lacks some air up top but unless he's drag racing from light to light, it would be a good setup.

This is true. It works fine just driveing around and was hard to get under the turbo which is nice. But I would recommend a bigger turbo from elite if it's in his price range, just to use the fuel up top. These injectors fuel harder than normal 190s.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
This is true. It works fine just driveing around and was hard to get under the turbo which is nice. But I would recommend a bigger turbo from elite if it's in his price range, just to use the fuel up top. These injectors fuel harder than normal 190s.

so what's so special about these magic sticks?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score

so what's so special about these magic sticks?

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'm running cass 190 75% sticks with my 64/71/70 turbo. This turbo cleans them up pretty good. However if you come under the turbo a little bit or have the truck lug down and roll into the throttle...it will smoke like a freight train. If you can keep the turbo spooled and the boost up....it's pretty clean. Now, i've looked into the specs of the powermax, and it isn't a whole lot different than the 64/71/70 i have. I believe the compressor is 63.5 the turbine wheel is between 66-67 and the turbine housing is a .90 The turbine is a bit larger than the .70 i have, but i'm sure that's because of the vanes. The biggest downfall of my 64/71/70 is the 71mm turbine wheel. If it was a bit smaller...it'd spool faster and stay boosted without lugging down as much. I talked to Ryan a while back about my injectors and he said that the difference between my 190 75% injectors and a set of 190 100% sticks are very marginal. I believe something around a 64mm turbo is great for 190cc sticks as long as it's spec'd out right. I miss the street manners of the VGT. I love my turbo, but at times...it just doesn't have the street manners that i wish it would have, and i think that's mostly due to the 71mm wheel. I was gonna do the diverter valve and swap out the turbine housing and put a gated divided housing on it, but i think i'm gonna scratch that idea. The price of those parts compared to the powermax...the powermax will be cheaper. So hopefully next spring i'll have a powermax on it.

Members online

No members online now.