Help! SCT 3015R Will not load any tunes, stuck on stock

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
SCT 3015 R is stuck on stock and will not load custom tune or sct tunes??

Error 1019 Unlock ECM Failed
Error 1017 Upload Stock Failed
Error 1009 No Tune Changes Written

Couple days ago I put on intake exhaust and street sct tune. Just got my custom tunes in email so I plugged the sct in to my computer. the auto update thing failed to work and said return truck to stock before i tried so i did that.

Truck is back to stock. Then i loaded the 3 custom tunes on the sct and everything looks fine. I tried put the custom tunes on the truck and i got the error code, then i tried to put the sct tune and same error code. Then i tried to put back to stock again and it said already back to stock.

The truck will start and has a code on the CTS about the dpf so i know its back to stock.

Can anyone help?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
The xcal3's have gave people this problem before, your best bet is to call SCT and talk to their techs...what has resulted for a lot of other people in this case is a new PCM

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I for one believe I suggested that you didnt buy the X3 if I remember correctly, but you wanted the cheapest route.

If you end up needing a new PCM....I think you will rethink my suggestion eh Mr. Roberson?

:hammer::hammer:

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
I for one believe I suggested that you didnt buy the X3 if I remember correctly, but you wanted the cheapest route.

If you end up needing a new PCM....I think you will rethink my suggestion eh Mr. Roberson?

:hammer::hammer:

I got the X3 because i got the CTS also, what other option is there that ugly blue screen thing (how is that any different). If i need a new PCM thats b.s. and i will not have anything good to say about SCT. Not going there right now. I didnt do **** to mess up my PCM. The truck still starts fine.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I got the X3 because i got the CTS also, what other option is there that ugly blue screen thing (how is that any different). If i need a new PCM thats b.s. and i will not have anything good to say about SCT. Not going there right now. I didnt do **** to mess up my PCM. The truck still starts fine.

does the truck stay running?

if it stays running call SCT, they will probably have to write you a recovery file to load on so the truck and the tuner believe that it is stock, then go back and load your tunes

with the x3 it is very sensitive to voltage drop...change tunes with a battery charger hooked up if you can...it has to do with the way the tuner communicates with the PCM...the Livewire does it much better

What i do is buy the livewire, tune the truck, unplug it and throw it in the center console and use my dashdaq to monitor

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

learn to joke a little big boy.... the livewire is the other option. yes its ugly and more money, but hey... No issues :)

In all seriousness, if you call SCT I bet you anything they have an answer for you. Clearly the truck still fires up and runs, and it definitely is back to stock because you said you had codes for the DPF after starting it (you wouldnt have those codes if it wasn't return to stock).

Give the boys at SCT a call, they will figure it out for you.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
does the truck stay running?

if it stays running call SCT, they will probably have to write you a recovery file to load on so the truck and the tuner believe that it is stock, then go back and load your tunes

with the x3 it is very sensitive to voltage drop...change tunes with a battery charger hooked up if you can...it has to do with the way the tuner communicates with the PCM...the Livewire does it much better

What i do is buy the livewire, tune the truck, unplug it and throw it in the center console and use my dashdaq to monitor

Yes I think the truck will stay running, didnt let it run to long. Put it in rev and drive.

Emailing SCT right now and they are asking me questions but i might just call them.

I had no idea the Livewire would tune the truck better, would have got that. If i can get this going I wont ever want to change tunes in fear of this bs.

I think it all has something to do when i tried to auto update the x3. I was going to update it but then it said put truck back to stock so i did then i went to update it and it just didnt get anywhere for 45 min so i clicked on something else and unpluged the sct. I plugged it back in and loaded the 3 custom tunes fine, then i did the auto update and that took 15min but worked fine. no matter what i do it wont load the ecm and get error code 1019

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just talked with Adam at SCT

Call- (407)774-2447 Ext: 291

Anyone there can help you but basically what they want to do is format your SCT remotely for you, so basically go sit in front of your computer with your SCT hooked up to it and give them a call. They will do majority of the work from there end and it should take less than 20 minutes.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
Just talked with Adam at SCT

Call- (407)774-2447 Ext: 291

Anyone there can help you but basically what they want to do is format your SCT remotely for you, so basically go sit in front of your computer with your SCT hooked up to it and give them a call. They will do majority of the work from there end and it should take less than 20 minutes.

Perfect, theres the helpful little Derek I know :D

I have to do that all the time for my computer programs and cutting table at work so no big deal. I got the SCT plugged into my work computer now and calling them.

Will let you guys know what happens. Just not very happy because I'm 6'8" stuck in a vw

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
I've used x3 3015r on several 6.4s before and have had a good experience with them, knock on wood... Call Sct they will get you squared up.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Perfect, theres the helpful little Derek I know :D

I have to do that all the time for my computer programs and cutting table at work so no big deal. I got the SCT plugged into my work computer now and calling them.

Will let you guys know what happens. Just not very happy because I'm 6'8" stuck in a vw

You may be the only person allowed to call me little haha. Gotta admit I'd probably laugh my ass off if I saw you driving a VW

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
Well they did what they needed to so i put hot street on the sct, going home now to see if it works.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Good luck , always some little hick up !! youll be smiling ear to ear when its all squared away !! Hey congrats on the truck glad to see it worked out for you ,

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
Good luck , always some little hick up !! youll be smiling ear to ear when its all squared away !! Hey congrats on the truck glad to see it worked out for you ,

Thanks I love this truck. SCT reset the x3 I think hot street is on now it started now trst drove time

Latest posts

Members online