6.0 injector stiction

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
we have a 6.0 with major stiction issues with a dead misfire on cyl#4 when the engine is cold.
i was curious the other day and thought heck lets try something different since i have no access to revX and generally use x-1r on 6.0s, so here is what i tried-extracted 2 quarts of oil from the crank case and replaced it with 2 quarts of MARVEL MYSTERY OIL witch is common at most parts stores and major retail outlets and very inexpensive, with very little drive time i have seen major improvements now the truck starts much easier and the death grumble goes away quickly, analysis of cyl# 4 on power balance test shows a 25% reduction in misfire on cold start and it is improving the more it gets ran. next attempt i may try 1 gallon of marvel mystery before servicing the engine and dosing it with some REVx after the oil change.
i do not want to step on anyones toes with this thread its just a lil information that i wanted to share with the world

Fordguy100

Reaction score
I wouldnt feel safe running 1 gallon of it, thats just way to much IMHO.

I dont know if its a solvent or not...but I would probably change the filter out in the next hundred or so miles just in case it is.

Dave

Reaction score
Marvels a solvent.

If youre crazy enough to do it Run it for the day then change the oil

scorpion6.7

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I had a 6.0 before the new truck.
I just ran about 3 quarts atf when injectors would start actin up, 3 in oil, 2 in tank, let er run bout 3 hours change the oil and filter with some new rotella, and problem solved.
Sorry to say buy use gm dex 6 atf, it has a great detergent package, really hard to admit though

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
MARVEL MYSTERY OIL®

hr.gif

PRODUCT BENEFITS

ADDED TO GAS OR DIESEL
product_mysteryoil.png

• Marvel Mystery Oil® lubricates the entire fuel system-fuel pumps, fuel injectors or carburetors and the top portion of the cylinders. These are areas, that by design, motor oil does not reach. Using Marvel Mystery Oil in your fuel extends the life of these vital components by providing them with lubrication that fuel alone does not provide.
• Marvel reduces and prevents varnish and gum build-up, two key contributors to robbing engine performance. When you shut off your engine, a miniscule drop of fuel is left at the tip of the fuel injectors or carburetor jets. This miniscule drop off of fuel then solidifies into a varnish type residue. Over time, the accumulated varnish blocks the openings of the injectors or jets, contributing to lower performance and fuel economy and shorter life of these components.
• Spark plug life is also extended by using Marvel in your fuel. It creates a cleaner burning cylinder environment that reduces carbon build-up on spark plugs resulting in better firing plugs that increase performance and durability.
• In addition, Marvel Mystery Oil® improves fuel mileage by reducing internal friction in the engine.
• Marvel should be used in the fuel at every fill-up. Use 4 ounces for every 10 gallons of fuel.
Note for Diesel Fuel Users - This diesel fuel additive does not comply with federal low sulfur content requirements for use in model 2007 and newer diesel motor vehicles.

Added to Engine Oil
  • Marvel should be added to your engine oil at every oil change. In a traditional automobile engine with a 5 quart oil capacity, simply replace one of the engine oil quarts with a quart of Marvel. For your convenience, MM13R is the quart size of Marvel Mystery Oil® and can be found at most automotive parts and supply retailers and mass merchants. Marvel is also safe and effective to use with synthetic and synthetic-blend motor oils.
  • When added to engine oil, Marvel reduces and prevents valve sticking and clatter by breaking down harmful deposits of carbon and sludge. Oftentimes, valve sticking can be identified by a "ticking" sound coming from the engine compartment when the engine is running. This ticking sound will increase and decrease with the speed of the engine.
  • Marvel fortifies the properties of motor oil, both traditional and synthetic. Marvel prevents oil breakdown caused by extreme temperatures. In addition, Marvel promotes easier cold weather starting with its extremely low pour point of (-65) Fahrenheit and ability to eliminate oil's tendency to congeal at low temperatures.
  • Sludge build-up in newer and older engines can result in lower performance and life expectancy. Marvel will prevent sludge build-up from occurring in new engines and removes sludge from older engines. In newer engines, Marvel protects against scoring or seizing and creates a highly polished, wear resistant finish on engine surfaces. Your new engine will remain clean and your older engine will thank you for cleaning the insides.
For All Marine Engines
  • Marvel Mystery Oil® provides the same tremendous benefits for all marine engines, inboard or outboard. Use Marvel in the same amounts listed for automotive use in your marine engine.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I would definitely try two bottles of rev-x on the next oil change... That stuff does wonders and I've seen many trucks come into the shop with issues add two bottles and problems go away...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I would love to see how Marvel holds up the shear of a HEUI system

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
not yet! ran it a couple hundred miles and problem is solved now when i get room in the shop i'll pull it in and do an airation test and change the oil take pics of the filter and post em

Stroker04

Reaction score
Sounds good. I've been hearing stories about people running seafoam and ATF fluid in there oil...seems pretty sketchy to me.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
i've tried seafoam in small doses but was more comfortable using marvel because it is a high detergent lubricant and have been using it in airplanes and cars for years and have had no problems other than one old 80s model oldsmobile that had been running quaker state and the sluge came apart clogging the oil sump

FallenAuthority

Reaction score
I was curious to how well marvel would work for cleaning up spool valves myself. Glad you got some good results out of it. Curious to see filter pics as well.