Another mod im sure a few others have done

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Has anyone else wrapped the center wood looking cluster with anything? or painted it? my last one was glass black.

This time around i thought i might try carbon fiber so i bought this stuff and wrapped it. Took about an hour and a half but i like result.

carbon_zpsec95a905.jpg

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Also note my custom mini max location. I am sure a few have done this as well.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
My door panels are actually that brushed nickel looking plastic like on the side vents in the front. I was eventually going to wrap all of it in carbon though.

Also the mini max mounted there is a good place for it IMO. you can still get to it very easy but its not in plain site looking ugly. I like just a clean look.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I had my man Kevin do mine right after I bought the truck. I decided to have him smoke the wood grain and do the tux black right around the center stack versus just spraying it all one color. It changed the WHOLE look inside. Did my switch panels and AC vents gloss black too fwiw
feedac08.jpg

095c0d0c.jpg

e3f96846.jpg

These interiors are mint for sure. Stoked to see your project come together!

CDUBYA

Reaction score
I had my man Kevin do mine right after I bought the truck. I decided to have him smoke the wood grain and do the tux black right around the center stack versus just spraying it all one color. It changed the WHOLE look inside. Did my switch panels and AC vents gloss black too fwiw
feedac08.jpg

095c0d0c.jpg

e3f96846.jpg

These interiors are mint for sure. Stoked to see your project come together!

That looks good! Pretty much what my 08 looked like inside! I had a hell of a time getting those side vent covers off though! I didnt end up taking them off yet cause it felt like they were going t break when i pulled to hard!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
That looks good! Pretty much what my 08 looked like inside! I had a hell of a time getting those side vent covers off though! I didnt end up taking them off yet cause it felt like they were going t break when i pulled to hard!

I had the same issue, the vent covers pull UP versus out. Lift them towards the ceiling and they'll come out. On the driver's side there is a 8mm (I think) bolt behind the plastic cluster cover, that'll be the only thing holding you back.
Hope that helps some

CDUBYA

Reaction score
The mini max is mounted in that little cut out right there, i suppose its for an ash tray. Anyway i have done it 2 ways. you can either just drill a hole through the back of the insert and use a screw to bolt the mini max in there or take the whole insert out leaving the hole open and make a little "S" bracket that bolts to both the back of the tray opening and then the back of the mini max.

The easiest way is to use the existing mount that it comes with and just drill a hole through the back wall of that insert then cut the mount to the desired length you want and basically epoxy it to the back of the insert.

Thats how mine currently is. I hope that all isnt to confusing. lol

Rowdy

Reaction score
I always wondered what the heck that little cubby hole was for it seems pretty useless to me. Is it intended to be an ash tray? I really like the carbon fiber look! how difficult is it to get that center piece out? I would like to go get mine hydro dipped!

Latest posts

Members online