NEED TO KNOW..NO 6.0 TECH THREADS!?!?!?

harley1rocker

Reaction score
im looking for the correct place to start a new thread on diagnosing a oil leak on a 6.0 psd...all years. I have posted many threads on the matter and have gotten no response what so ever. if sombody could please point me in the right direction on the matter it would be greatly appriciated.

harley1rocker

Reaction score
look,i need help,is this a site for help or criticism. its really very simple, either it is or it isnt. I HAVE A INTERNAL OIL LEAK. i see some people here that are members of a website i use to frequent and PAYED to be a member of. i cant avoid all gypsies, theifs and idiots. i dont ask for much help. but when i do,put your thinking cap on..

so besides all the accusations and lies...lets talk about what this site was put here for....POWERSTROKES. jesus christ man. INTERNAL OIL LEAK,NEED HELP,CAN SOMBODY BESIDES A CRITIC HELP ME???

SO for all adults out there heres one for ya, hooked up AE, 282psi at icp,ipr at 84.77% any idiot would say id need a hpop,its a leak...hooked up shop air to icp commanded ipr closed 100%,i can hear bubbling at rear of motor.i have a wrecked 6.0 so i replaced ipr and hpop,while i had that out i put shop air directly into branch tube,i could hear air escaping from under the oil gallies,so i ordered the top o/rings from casserly.anyway,i got it all buttoned back up,and put shop air to icp port,now i can hear at back of motor again.the hpop system is not complecated,hpop sits supply,stc sits on branch tube,branch tubes got to oil gallies and so on....i have verified base oil psi. could pick up be cracked? like i say,i need little help when it comes to the 6.0 but this has got me stumped.

and to members of the other sites i payed to be a member of...im not trolling sites,if i were,id change my user name. i simply need advice.

harley1rocker

Reaction score
Oh no, he's back!

grow up man,i just need help. not a cheerleader or somone swinging off another mans nuts....I NEED HELP. did it ever occur to all the idiots that i could of changed user names? i didnt becuase ive done nothing wrong.

is this a truck site??? did i find the wrong place??? morons man

Tom S

Reaction score
Lewis Simpson where have you been? I would help you but I am not a 6.0 guy. Good luck on finding where the pressure is bleeding off at.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
grow up man,i just need help. not a cheerleader or somone swinging off another mans nuts....I NEED HELP. did it ever occur to all the idiots that i could of changed user names? i didnt becuase ive done nothing wrong.

is this a truck site??? did i find the wrong place??? morons man

Back with a bang, calling names and everything!!!

Im going to suggest that you calm the way you post a little, if you want help you will get it just be respectful

Tom S

Reaction score
Ok, serious question was that deal with the pump ever resolved? There was some information that you got sentenced on something and that is why you dropped out of sight. I actually give you credit for signing up here with the same user name and such. We just went through this with a guy on another deal and actually worked through it.

Tom

907DAVE

Reaction score
1. Remove the ICP sensor from the Right Hand (RH) valve cover and connect shop air pressure to the ICP system there. With air applied and the key off, air should be heard pushing in to the crankcase (this may take several minutes for the oil to empty from the ICP system). Then turn the key on and either use a scanner to command the Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) closed (if the function is available) or backprobe the Yellow/Red (Y/R) wire at the IPR and ground it. There should be very little to no air heard in the crankcase with the IPR grounded.

2. If there is no difference in the air heard when turning the key on and grounding the IPR, suspect a leaking IPR or leak in the system. Remove the valve covers to check for any leaks at the injectors. If none are found, remove the rear engine cover to access the ICP pump and check for any leaking lines or connections and repair as needed.

3. If there are no leaks but there is air heard when pressurizing the system, suspect a faulty IPR. Remove the IPR and inspect the screen on the inlet for any damage. If any damage is found, or large metal pieces are found, suspect a damaged ICP pump.

4. If there is no air heard when pressure testing the system, suspect a faulty ICP pump.

Do not leave IPR energized for more than two minutes to prevent damage.

Latest posts

Members online