Adding Homelink visor?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
It's one of the options that isn't on my truck already, but I was wondering if it's possible to just buy the visor and pop it onto my truck? Is there any more than that involved?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I actually could use it.. The visor goes for about 3 bills. I may just do it and hope for the best.
I can't see it needing any more wiring or anything. It's probably just running off the same power that runs to the mirror lights.

mattman347

Reaction score
The home-link should just be in the visor, you program the signal to the garage door, or other device frequency, then program it to the device itself. (I use to install garage doors:thumbsup:)

17BLKplat

Reaction score
The home-link should just be in the visor, you program the signal to the garage door, or other device frequency, then program it to the device itself. (I use to install garage doors:thumbsup:)
That's what I had in mind. I may give it a shot. Have new doors going in my house this week.
Are 08-10 visors the same or a bolt on for an '05?

Shawn
I believe they are different. These seem to be more rectangular than the rounded visors prior to 08.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hmm never thought about that. It should just be a transmitter in the visor, and it may be battery powered so im sure its easy to install.... Im glad I have one tho lol I use it everyday

Abrannan19

Reaction score
it can be added. In the 2011 the switched to a different brand other then "homelink" and its not compatible with my freakin opener...I have thought about getting and 2010 Homelink visor..If you wanna buy mine, I can try to order the older style.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
it can be added. In the 2011 the switched to a different brand other then "homelink" and its not compatible with my freakin opener...I have thought about getting and 2010 Homelink visor..If you wanna buy mine, I can try to order the older style.

I hit you up on the text connect homey!
Maybe we can work out a deal.

mattman347

Reaction score
What kind of opener do you have? If it is an older style with the switches you can add an external reciever box and wire it into the machine where the 2 push button wires go.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
What kind of opener do you have? If it is an older style with the switches you can add an external reciever box and wire it into the machine where the 2 push button wires go.

Doors are being installed in a week and a half, so they're pretty new tech.
I'm hoping I don't have any problems.

Latest posts

Members online