Anyone interested in a DYI Billet 66mm OBS-E99 Kit

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Hey there, I was thinking of releasing a Do It Yourself OBS and E99 Billet 66mm Kit.

Kit would include the Following:

--Machined Compressor Cover

--Machined Backing plate

--Billet 66mm x 88mm Extended Tip Compressor Wheel

--360 Thrust Bearing Conversion with compressor side piston ring seal

--Compressor housing to backing plate O-ring

--Backing Plate to Bearing housing O-Ring

-4 Viton Pedestal O-Rings

Cost would be in the $700 range plus core. (Your old compressor housing and backing plate)

Let me know what you guys think and maybe i will get a few sets done for some to try out.

Thanks-- James

0305132124.jpg

NRHX2009

Reaction score
In for more info.
Should be comparable to D66, no?

Should be very comparable to the D66, This wheel has an extended tip exducer which is a proven design on the BW turbos.

I'm not sure if the D66 uses a 360 thrust but this setup will have it, for durability.

I dont have a cast 66mm wheel here but the weight of the billet is 5.2oz (148g), a stock 94-e99 cast wheel is 4.1 oz (116g)

So Spool up time should be excellent for a 66mm

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
have to see results first.... such as boost psi, back pressure psi, spool up, egts, what size injectors it can clean up etc.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not the billet part that makes the difference.

It does help from being lighter. less weight means faster spool up, And less stress on the turbo shaft.. Not to mention billet wheel are more precise then steel wheels, and most of the times are machined to flow more then a cast wheel... There is more then one reason they are better.. just depends on how they are built..

NRHX2009

Reaction score
I would like to get a few test kits out there for some results, maybe 2 or 3 of each application, OBS and E99. PM me for some discounted pricing if you want to try it out and give me some feedback.

pontiacross

Reaction score
It's not the billet part that makes the difference.

:whs:
just because its billet it dosent mean its better. I ran a billet wheel on my puller for one season and then after some dyno testing went back to my old wheel because it made more average power (by quite a bit) and was eisier to spool. and I have a friend with pulling tractor that had the same experience with one.

that being said I'm sure there are some that are better than stock I only tried one.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I thought (no that's wrong), I know I made it clear as a bell. One more post in the tech sections in ten days and you were gone.

The quoted post was it.

Bye.

Awesomeness ^

Sounds alot like the "comp turbo 66mm"
Hope it dont turn out the same.

Latest posts

Members online