DIY 58V FICM upgrade

Mdub707

Reaction score
Anyone here done their own 58V FICM? I'm dying to try this out. I've fixed a few 48V without issue, and am confident I can do the full barrage of replacement for the 58V setup, my only issue is sourcing the pieces... seems a few of the pieces are nearly impossible to locate, and if I do locate, they're some ridiculous thing like a minimum buy of 5000 pieces. Anyone had any luck ordering the pieces anywhere? Thanks guys.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Every time someone asks about this it turns into buy one from a vendor. and im all for supporting them but if one can diy then help the man out instead of how it usually goes.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I have heard several guys with the same problem. I saw a write up once at the .org and I think it had a list of parts and told were the guy who did the write up got his stuff. Mdub707, aren't you a .org member as well? Maybe you've already seen the write up I'm talking about. I'll see if I can find the thread and check if the guy left his parts source in it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have heard several guys with the same problem. I saw a write up once at the .org and I think it had a list of parts and told were the guy who did the write up got his stuff. Mdub707, aren't you a .org member as well? Maybe you've already seen the write up I'm talking about. I'll see if I can find the thread and check if the guy left his parts source in it.

Yeah, I have the parts list and the part numbers, I just can't find a place to buy some of the parts. They're either backordered for 8 months or I need to buy a minimum of 5000 pcs. I'm not buying 5000 pcs when I need 2-8 per FICM.

Mdub707

Reaction score
These are the two items I can't seem to find....

2N08L07 (IPB80N08S2L-07) FICM PS FET’s QTY needed: 4

QN10L12 (IPD70N10S3L012) FICM Injector (low-side) QTY needed: 4

Or if I do, it's a large minimum buy, I think I saw 1000 qty min order.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Here's the link to follow. Now if you're not comfortable working with small surface mount components and have a steady hand with a soldering iron, this is NOT for you. I would highly recommend you do this in a clean evironment, well lit, and with a microscope.

http://www.bscustoms.net/diesel/FICM.pdf

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
If some one has a stock FICM and would like to do a before and after on the dyno send me a PM or give me a call 1-615-563-7800 EX 25 thanks.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I'm not really sure what you're looking for!? I have a couple 48V FICM's laying in the garage, running one I fixed myself on my truck, and will be dynoing my truck Aug 13th.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If some one has a stock FICM and would like to do a before and after on the dyno send me a PM or give me a call 1-615-563-7800 EX 25 thanks.

You wanna pay for the mod to the ficm?:pimp:

Latest posts

Members online