MPD budget single turbo kit reviews?

6.4stroke

I was wondering if any of you guys tried this kit and what you think about it. I'm considering getting it

BFT

Reaction score
Should be the same as the 66, or your choice of turbo, just no manifolds or uppipes. You also get the choice of the cast wheel or billet.
I'm surprised not a lot of people have jumped on their deal

nick01

Reaction score
:whs:
I'm going to be up north this summer so this is tempting me but I'd like to know more as well. Performance, Gas Mileage, smoke issues in town? etc...

pog

Reaction score
you get more hp for less $. if you dont tow a single is awesome. single 6.4 sounds nasty too. it all depends what your needs are. for a budget track truck you cant beat the power of a single. my mileage hasnt changed since going to a 72. smoke is easily controlled in town. tuning has a lot to do with how a single will drive.

nick01

Reaction score
Why are singles bad for towing? What if the most I would tow is 6,000 pound boat.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Why are singles bad for towing? What if the most I would tow is 6,000 pound boat.

Depending on your fueling its not bad for towing. Fwiw, before King Kong was a race truck for Craig at mpd... It towed whitey down to TS with a single 66 and didn't blink. (6k lbs on a gooseneck)

So if you're only towing 6k I wouldn't be scared. Especially if you stayed with a 66 for a turbo.

Wayne

Reaction score
After reviewing the MPD thread, it looks like a single 66 on stock fuel makes similar HP as stock turbos, but less torque, and the power doesn't come on as soon. As a result of less torque, I assume, it's easier on non-studded head gaskets. On a positive note, it sounds BEASTLY, and since there are less parts crammed up at the firewall, it's easier to work on.

Wayne

Reaction score
Im not very smart on turbo sizes but what size turbo would be perfect for heaver towing and maybe still make 500 horse?

The EDE tow-power, or tow power plus turbos are an EXCELLENT choice for heavy towing. Even just upgrading the atmospheric turbo will give you a good gain. EGT's will drop, and more power potential is there, so you can cut back required fuel to get an equal amount of power. We've also had great reviews on heavy towing with setups as large as our "high power" compounds with stock fuel. For an equal amount of power, compounds will always win over a single turbo while towing.

Gunnnin

Reaction score
Just a ? about the single kit, do you guys think it would be okay to tow about 10k with a single?

Price is really attractive to me, yet Im not sure about towing with one.

Wayne

Reaction score
If you want to know how a single 66 will drive, go unplug your stock VGT actuator, then your truck will behave similar to that kit, essentially becoming a 65 mm single. If you still like the way it drives with 10K behind it, then you're good to go.

MINK

Reaction score
If you want to know how a single 66 will drive, go unplug your stock VGT actuator, then your truck will behave similar to that kit, essentially becoming a 65 mm single. If you still like the way it drives with 10K behind it, then you're good to go.

I know how I feel about this and there is no way in hell....

Bang for the buck I would just upgrade the atmosphere.

Latest posts

Members online