6.0 surging help!!!!

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to call it but when I idle its fine. When I get going the engine and turbo go in and out in sound and gets farther apart in high tone the faster I go. It's hard to explain. You can feel it pull you back and forth almost as if you where shifting gears and it bumps a little bit before it straightens itself out. I figured it would be carbon built up in the turbo but I don't think that's the case anymore. It's bad when cold but warm its better but still rocks you. I still have a lot of power. Any ideas or did I just confuse everyone lol.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
it's more pronounced when i start the engine cooled down but it always does it when I drive.

turboTwang6

Reaction score
mine has been doing that too, its only between about 2300-2700 RPMs, under moderate acceleration. I do have vivians street tune. The weird thing is that it doesn't do it or not nearly as bad if I put the throttle to the floor up through that RPM range. I have done some research and seen a lot suggesting the VGT solenoid, its just weird that it would do it only for that RPM range

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I'm gonna switch my vgt solenoid out tomorrow. Hopefully that'll fix it. I cleaned the turbo today and didn't fix it. So it could be either vgt solenoid or a icp sensor

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
No codes are bein seen. Turbo was cleaned yesterday. Still pulsating. Just got the truck and this is getting old. I just want to own a powerstroke with no issues.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
i unplugged the EBP sensor and it doesnt pulseate any more or surge. im guessing that points right at VGT solenoid? right?

05wh250

Reaction score
I would think ebp sensor is bad. mine went out and would surge really bad when cold but straighten out when hot but you could still hear the turbo changing the veins.

Latest posts

Members online