6.0 tips

yeehaw

Reaction score
I will be the first to say it, before we get 20,000 thread asking the samething

Yes you should install a coolant filter!

SCT with custom tunes is the best for a 6.0

the 6.0 loves 5W40 synthetic oil

and gauges are a plus for monitering temps, you should see no more then a 15 degree difference in ECT/EOT and also a fuel pressure gauge!!

don't do studs/headgaskets til it needs them

also...egr delete is always a plus!

Last edited:

Irontx

Reaction score
Im going to start a tread about tuners, just cause you did this. LOLOLOLOL

PatMac6.0

Reaction score
did u mean 15w40? and is it a bad idea for a sct tuner without aftermarket studs and egr delete?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Fuel pressure gauge should be at the top of list of things to do for a 6.0. Most important mod IMO.

shooter760

Reaction score
I've been running Amsoil 5W40 synthetic in my 06 for quite some time now. Suspect easier cold starts and less cold start wear, increased mileage, cooler temps, injector life...

STROKER

Reaction score
I run amsoil too seems like it idles a lot smoother with it, oh and you should add how to shove a rag into your air intake for all for alll the guys wanna know how to make their trucks smoke haha

Powerstroked

Reaction score
Even with a thread covering all the common asked, there will be a hundred threads as to which is the best delete. I totally agree on the studs though I am a little fearful of mine. I would add the most important mod IMO is the Coolant flush and anything but ford gold installed. Amsoil is next on my list for sure, gotta save up the cash though. Life throwing lemons, just gathering enough to make lemonade.

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
I see at least (3) 6.0 trucks a week and studs are pretty much required. Without a tuner I have seen an '07 with blown head gaskets which in turned cracked the heads. Studs are not cheap but less than the cost of one head.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Even with a thread covering all the common asked, there will be a hundred threads as to which is the best delete. I totally agree on the studs though I am a little fearful of mine. I would add the most important mod IMO is the Coolant flush and anything but ford gold installed. Amsoil is next on my list for sure, gotta save up the cash though. Life throwing lemons, just gathering enough to make lemonade.

I bought a egr delete off ebay for 150, They are all the same.

Here we go.... :doh:

Where we going? Take me with you...that kinda sounded gay.

I see at least (3) 6.0 trucks a week and studs are pretty much required. Without a tuner I have seen an '07 with blown head gaskets which in turned cracked the heads. Studs are not cheap but less than the cost of one head.

I run the dog piss out of my truck as do many others, the key is the driver.

K_Hood

Reaction score
I run amsoil too seems like it idles a lot smoother with it, oh and you should add how to shove a rag into your air intake for all for alll the guys wanna know how to make their trucks smoke haha

This coming from the guy with a nice rolling coal avatar! :poke: LOL

...just giving ya crap man, I agree. It's amazing how many people come in saying the same ole same ole "which programmer will make my truck fill intersections with coal?" :doh:

Latest posts

Members online