IH Navistar T444E cam

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Anyone ever use this cam vs the "ford" powerstroke cam?

If my research is correct the IH vs "ford" platform on the engine is the pcm, turbo and the cam.

I wonder for DD, not a HP or race truck, how this cam would improve low end torque and improve any DD or towing duties.

I've searched the forums and found no swap info/data.

ToMang07

Reaction score
sub.jpg

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I've never heard nor read of a difference in turbo, just the computer and drive accessories. Engines are supposed to be all the same, too. Would love to know otherwise if that's not the case.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
The turbo is different. I have one from when I stuck a t444e in my truck. Its goofy. Superduty collector, obs compressor housing, and a nonwastegated turbine housing.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Is the turbo yall are reffering to called a garret 37 of some sort. We have a f750 at work with a t444e, and it looks totally different than any 7.3 turbo ive seen. I used to have a pic of it

ghohouston

Reaction score
I've never heard nor read of a difference in turbo, just the computer and drive accessories. Engines are supposed to be all the same, too. Would love to know otherwise if that's not the case.

The t444e's also had the mechanical fuel pumps like obs trucks

Gearhead

Reaction score
Cam is the same.... I wish ford would have thought about that when the rpm range is completely different in a pickup truck applicaiton. My stage 1 cam improves upon everything the motor is capable of.

Gearhead

Reaction score
stage 1 from 1500 to 3500 (similar to stock with a fatter midrange hit)
stage 2 from 17-1800 to 4500

ghohouston

Reaction score
what do you mean engine number? and it stays out in the field unless it breaks. and it being a 7.3, with 30k on it, it doesnt really break much lol, the only thing ive done to it has been a cps and an ipr pigtail, but i assure you, its a t444e/7.3

powerlifter405

Reaction score
IIRC the ford vs IH is reverse vs standard rotation for the turbo.

thanks Matt. How does it change of idle torque?
I'm thinking more low end through cam to make DD more friendly in low speed situations.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.