Any auto body experts?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Not sure if this will be the best area but I had a bit of a mishap today pulling a trailer. My gooseneck tube slammed down mid turn when my duals slid into a pot hold and I crunched my rails. Just trying to see what it might cost to fix. The drivers side isn't very bad. I'm sure I can tap it out. Passenger side has me worried. I'll get a better pic of the damage when I get the trailer unhooked. I've also got a bunch of small dents in my hood and roof from hail that we had that totaled out the trailer that I'm towing. Any guesstimates for what PDR runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
image_zpse4ffb24a.jpg

image_zpsea59c607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
LOL I know, I have hail dents on my hood and roof that will need PDR, havent gotten pics of that yet sorry. Preliminary estimate from the body shop is 3k+ for the bed and around the same for the hail...my insurance company must love me now. Just got done with a claim for a trailer that got totaled from hail. I meant to have the PDR as a separate bit but had a brain fart apparently.

Last edited:

Denver

Reaction score
A take off bed or a flatbed or some type of other bed would probably be the best route.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
If I go that route, how much are used dually fenders going for? Mine are perfect, and I know new replacements are $$$, I might be able to sell mine to offset some cost. Any idea what they're worth?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Got settled up with the insurance company today...thanks to my stupid $1000 deductibles I'm going to be left with around $1500 to play with for fixing the bed after I pay for the hail repair. Any idea how much it would run to get a bed painted, ballpark? I found a white SRW LB at a yard in town for $800 Still debating on converting it or not. I can also go with a flatbed in which case I wouldn't have to worry about body damage any more. I could then sell my bed to try and make up some of the cost. Thoughts?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Yeah sad thing is I was going to get the deductibles lowered after I dropped the trailer off at it's new home. Ok, here is what I think I will do for now, get the hail fixed so the ins company is happy about that. Then I will get the bed dents pounded out as best as I can and get some full length rails to cover/protect everything while I gather parts to do the SRW swap. Then I will convert and get a new bed for it...not really wanting to go with a flatbed on this one. But I do have a line on a used Hilsboro flatbed for $500 so that might just go on...we shall see.

Back to the rails, I saw this super duty on another forum, anyone know who makes the rails? They look perfect to me.
DSCN9338_zps6feadff5.jpg

This truck however, makes me want to go back to a nice flatbed with some 35s
JoeSalas_zps5c5e8027.jpg

And pics of my old two-fiddy make me want to do the same.
13132179_photobucket_26526_.jpg

Waiting on an email back on pricing for another flatbed. If I can get some 99-04 D80 hubs or a 10.5 for a good price I might just go ahead with my SRW swap.

skylinedan

Reaction score
If your gonna go SRW keep in mind that axle is wider than a SRW. I could fix that bed with a new bed side at the most. Depends also on the rest of the bed too, not much point doing a bed side if the rest of the bed is showing it's age.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
If your gonna go SRW keep in mind that axle is wider than a SRW. I could fix that bed with a new bed side at the most. Depends also on the rest of the bed too, not much point doing a bed side if the rest of the bed is showing it's age.

The rest of the bed is in great shape. I decided to sell it as is. I'm going back to school so someone else can fix it or put a flatbed on it if they want. I just don't need the dually anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online