Shaved door handles?

JMart

Reaction score
Anybody ever installed a shaved door handle kit in anything? I have one for my truck but seem to have lost the wiring diagram. I cant get in touch with the manufacturer. They seem to have vanished. The company I bought the kit from back in January doesnt have anything for me as far as a working contact number or a diagram. So all that is out the window.

The wiring seems fairly simple so I was asking if anyone has any experience with wiring these up maybe they can give me some tips.

Here is what I have so far

harness 1
red = constant power
white = kills power when truck is on ( I think)
black = ground

Harness 2
white/blue =???
grey = recieves .6 volts when I hit button 1 on the remote
yellow =???
green = constant power of around 4-5 volts

Harness 3
blue =???
green =???

and
2) 5 prong relays

Any tips would be appreciated.

JMart

Reaction score

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Whats a shaved door handle?

A door handle with the hair removed. I only shave mine once a week, I like a little stubble on it.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I've been thinking of shaving mine as well when I start my body work next month or so.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A door handle with the hair removed. I only shave mine once a week, I like a little stubble on it.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I've been thinking of shaving mine as well when I start my body work next month or so.

LOL This is what i thought!! Jmart sorry for derail but post pics!! Id like to see this.

JMart

Reaction score
LOL This is what i thought!! Jmart sorry for derail but post pics!! Id like to see this.

I will soon.

Anybody got a fax machine and a scanner? I found a fax number for VPA that does have a fax machine answering it.

I might have to wait for my wife to go back to work on Monday so she can try to fax them and see if it works then.

JMart

Reaction score
Teaser pic

truck036.jpg

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
You did hook up a emergency open cable/switch right? Incase your batts are dead or the clicker breaks...

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I will soon.

Anybody got a fax machine and a scanner? I found a fax number for VPA that does have a fax machine answering it.

I might have to wait for my wife to go back to work on Monday so she can try to fax them and see if it works then.

If you want to send me the fax number I can shoot em a fax in the morning with whatever you want me to ask em and see if we get a response

JMart

Reaction score
You did hook up a emergency open cable/switch right? Incase your batts are dead or the clicker breaks...

I dont even have the wiring done yet. But I shaved this door while it was still in the garage before it went on the truck. This whole side had body damage so it was getting a new door. I just figured I would shave it first. While doing that and putting in the solenoid inside it I lost the paperwork for the kit. The driver side hasnt been touched yet. I do have the emergency cable to install though. Its not a big concern for me though. When I was a locksmith I opened cars and trucks with shaved handles before. I still have all my tools too.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I dont even have the wiring done yet. But I shaved this door while it was still in the garage before it went on the truck. This whole side had body damage so it was getting a new door. I just figured I would shave it first. While doing that and putting in the solenoid inside it I lost the paperwork for the kit. The driver side hasnt been touched yet. I do have the emergency cable to install though. Its not a big concern for me though. When I was a locksmith I opened cars and trucks with shaved handles before. I still have all my tools too.

Ah nevermind then LOL

JMart

Reaction score
If you want to send me the fax number I can shoot em a fax in the morning with whatever you want me to ask em and see if we get a response

Fax number (951) 273-1041

I just need a wiring diagram for a 80158-35DP. Or for them to answer the ****ing emails would be great. If they could email it that would be great but if they will fax it to you, you could just tell me what the wires do I would be so happy. :bowfast:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic! That looks awesome, what did you use to fill it in?

Latest posts

Members online