Trans drops 1st and 2nd gear when warm

AKHILF

Reaction score
Hey guys. Iv been having this problem for some time. I got a jeep and stopped driving the 6.0. But I'd like to start driving the truck again. The problem is once the trans get up to around 120* it drops first and second gear. When It's not up to that temp it shifts perfect, dosnt skip a beat no flares or slips. But once it get to that temp it completely dosnt even try to use first or second. Any ideas? Iv been saving up for a built trans but I'd like to figure out this problem before I get a new trans. Have a modded direct solenoid in it also. Other than that it's stock. Gear head tunes and a a ficm tune. Thanks guys.

AKHILF

Reaction score
It did store a code a while back and I pm'd it to you but I have since deleted my pm's. I'll try and pull it again. It was a solenoid code but I remember the solenoid seemed kind of random. And a hole new solenoid pack is a hefty price.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I went and had codes pulled. Only tcm codes where P0765-FF shift solenoid electrical circuit open failure and P0768-FF I put in a gogo solenoid a little over a year and a half ago. And this code is for the direct solenoid. Kind of a bummer. What do you think mark? It's weird how this affects 1st and 2nd.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I don't know what the -FF means, I've never seen that. The two codes you have are for a malfunctioning solenoid and an open or short circuit to the shift solenoid.

The way to approach this is to electrically test the circuit to the solenoid and the electrically test the solenoid.

If the solenoid is stuck on or the wire to the solenoid is grounded then it isn't at all wierd that it loses first and second. The direct clutch will be on and you lose the lower gears.

AKHILF

Reaction score
well i bought a new solenoid from absolute. I put it in yesterday and still the same problem. Im going to see if ford sells just the harness for the solenoids. I didnt see anything out of the ordinary in there. Fluid looks decent. Theres a little black plug next to the direct that nothing is plugged into. I dont see anything that should plug into it. I think its just not used.

Latest posts

Members online