New wheels on truck. Need lift help

5280diesel

Reaction score
I have a 2011 F-250 KR fx4 package. I recently put 22" KMC Diesels on some Nitto trails. They are just under 35" they do rub a bit up front. I don't have any experience on lifted trucks. I want just a small lift to clear the tires like 2-4" for now B-). Also the front seems to sit a tad lower in front?!! Or seems like it to me. Would a leveling kit work? What kind/brand? Do I need a lift all the way around? Shocks needed or just blocks? Can someone point me in the right direction please. I know I sound lost lol. Thanks

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
what is the width on the wheels? you should just be rubbing the plastic inner fender, so if you don't care too, you can trim that to make it work.

as far as the front sitting low, that's the nature of all stock trucks. if you want it to sit level I suggest a 1" Spacer block up front, which will also most likely clear your tires fine. if you would like to stand a little taller. go with a 2.5" block up front and 4" in the rear. which will still stand level.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

TripleE44

Reaction score
Where does it rub?

I'm running 20x10s(-25 offset) with 35s on about 3.5'' of lift, and I still had to slightly move that bracket that's on the back of the bumper, and had to push the wheel well liner back a little bit also.

Just a level kit will put your front end noticeably higher than the rear. The level kits(with just a coil spacer or a shock) are made to level a 350. You would need to put in either a block from a 350, or a 4'' block. You're factory block you've got now is like 1 7/8'' or something right now. If you just did this, you would need shocks only for the front, but shocks all round would be a good upgrade as far as ride quality is concerned.

I got all my lift stuff from Trevor at PMF, and I'd recommend anyone else do the same. He can pretty much put a kit together to match your budget, or your needs or whatever you want to do and it's all great quality.

5280diesel

Reaction score
The tires are 325/50/r22. Nitto trail m/t's. They are like 34.4 tall or something. And since its a king ranch it has the stock fender flares idk if other trucks have em, they rub on full lock on the inner plastic which isn't a big deal I can trim it or push it back. But it rubs on that fender flare bolt and the corner of the flares just a bit.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
The tires are 325/50/r22. Nitto trail m/t's. They are like 34.4 tall or something. And since its a king ranch it has the stock fender flares idk if other trucks have em, they rub on full lock on the inner plastic which isn't a big deal I can trim it or push it back. But it rubs on that fender flare bolt and the corner of the flares just a bit.

i would do a 2.5" leveling kit with some 350 blocks in the rear or a 4" lift block and you should be fine

5280diesel

Reaction score
TripleE44 ill have to pm Trevor on setting me up. I have the 22x11s 0 offset as far as I know. And yes while I'm at it new shocks wouldn't be a bad idea. Like I mentioned it does rub on the inner fender which is fixable. But need to lift it up because its rubbing on the bottom bolt of the flare. And corner of the flare on 3/4 of a lock. Thanks guys for the input. Also sweet lights TripleE44. Where did you get em painted?

TripleE44

Reaction score
i would do a 2.5" leveling kit with some 350 blocks in the rear or a 4" lift block and you should be fine

This is what I would do if you're just concerned about the rubbing. If you are wanting to keep it as low as possible, that 1'' spacer up front that Eric(Powerstrokin15) mentioned could work as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

TripleE44 ill have to pm Trevor on setting me up. I have the 22x11s 0 offset as far as I know. And yes while I'm at it new shocks wouldn't be a bad idea. Like I mentioned it does rub on the inner fender which is fixable. But need to lift it up because its rubbing on the bottom bolt of the flare. And corner of the flare on 3/4 of a lock. Thanks guys for the input. Also sweet lights TripleE44. Where did you get em painted?

Thanks, the lights were done by JDGleason on here.

Last edited:

5280diesel

Reaction score
Right on thanks TXGLASSMAN. Well not necessarily stay the lowest but high enough to get rid of the rubbing while also having good ride quality, if I need better shocks ill go that route. Blocks or spacers still keep the ride quality about the same or will it be rougher? I'm open to a better ride quality as well

TripleE44

Reaction score
Icon coils in the front will be better than the spacer. That's what I have, I think it rides better than stock and I'd do it all over again the same way. I feel like the spacers make it a little stiffer, but some people say theirs ride like stock.

Blocks in the back are about the only option I know of short of having custom leafs made, which is sorta overkill considering the f350 comes with the block you'd need.

Shocks are also going to dictate your ride quality a lot. You're wallet is kinda the limiter there, as you can spend some serious dough on Icon shocks or Kings or whatever if you wanted to go that far. I'm happy with my bilstein 5160's though. Nice improvement over stock but not crazy money.

5280diesel

Reaction score
Icon coils in the front will be better than the spacer. That's what I have, I think it rides better than stock and I'd do it all over again the same way. I feel like the spacers make it a little stiffer, but some people say theirs ride like stock.

Blocks in the back are about the only option I know of short of having custom leafs made, which is sorta overkill considering the f350 comes with the block you'd need.

Shocks are also going to dictate your ride quality a lot. You're wallet is kinda the limiter there, as you can spend some serious dough on Icon shocks or Kings or whatever if you wanted to go that far. I'm happy with my bilstein 5160's though. Nice improvement over stock but not crazy money.

Yeah I heard the icons are nice. But come at an expense. But you get what you pay for. I'd like to own some, one day. Got other stuff to spend on. Like working on the house or man cave

Motostroker

Reaction score
I have some 1 inch spacers that I'll give you for free. Pay for shipping. Just have to get some longer bolts. That will pick up the front end enough to level it out and prob fix your clearance issue

5280diesel

Reaction score
I have some 1 inch spacers that I'll give you for free. Pay for shipping. Just have to get some longer bolts. That will pick up the front end enough to level it out and prob fix your clearance issue

I think I need more than 1" honestly. But thanks

5280diesel

Reaction score
I know I would need a 2" leveling kit. Now what brand or company sells a good leveling kit? Any personal recommendations? Just to get by until I get a real lift next year :rockon:

TripleE44

Reaction score
I know I would need a 2" leveling kit. Now what brand or company sells a good leveling kit? Any personal recommendations? Just to get by until I get a real lift next year :rockon:

If you're planning on going bigger later on, save your money. Just buy the cheap spacer, go ahead and get an adjustable trac bar and get a f350 block and ubolts for the rear.... That's just if it were me I guess.

I still recommend PMF, even for that stuff.

If you just wanna go full on and try to sell it later, I've got 2.5" icon coils, 1" coil spacer, PMF 3link and traction blocks with 4" blocks, adjustable trac bar, and 5160s all around. I think it ended up at around 3k, which is wayyyyy more than the cheap spacer setup will run you. The ride is great, and the height is lifted but not crazy high. My last truck was 7" up and after driving this, I have no desire to go any higher.

Edit: and when I bought it all, I had planned on going higher later...

Last edited:

5280diesel

Reaction score
If you're planning on going bigger later on, save your money. Just buy the cheap spacer, go ahead and get an adjustable trac bar and get a f350 block and ubolts for the rear.... That's just if it were me I guess.

I still recommend PMF, even for that stuff.

If you just wanna go full on and try to sell it later, I've got 2.5" icon coils, 1" coil spacer, PMF 3link and traction blocks with 4" blocks, adjustable trac bar, and 5160s all around. I think it ended up at around 3k, which is wayyyyy more than the cheap spacer setup will run you. The ride is great, and the height is lifted but not crazy high. My last truck was 7" up and after driving this, I have no desire to go any higher.

Edit: and when I bought it all, I had planned on going higher later...

What would I need the Trac bar for now? Do I really need the f350 blocks in the rear? I just wanna lift the front to clear the rubbing. Then next year hopefully ill get a lift. Something like your set up. I bet it rides awesome. Right now I hardly drive my truck except weekends.

TripleE44

Reaction score
What would I need the Trac bar for now? Do I really need the f350 blocks in the rear? I just wanna lift the front to clear the rubbing. Then next year hopefully ill get a lift. Something like your set up. I bet it rides awesome. Right now I hardly drive my truck except weekends.

The trac bar would center the axle right to left on the truck. When you put the spacer on your axle will move slightly and one wheel will stick out further than the other. The reason I say go ahead and get that is that it can be re used when you go higher assuming you aren't going to a crazy big height.

If you've got an f250, a 2" spacer/level kit will put the front much higher than the rear. The spacer being a "level kit" only applies for a f350 as it has a 3 7/8" block where an f250 will have a 1 7/8".

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
That's why I took mine off. 2" level kit puts the front end an inch higher than the back, if your from Cali you might like it like that. But I'm a hater I guess.

This.

I went with a 2" spacer in the front and 3" blocks in the back. It looks pretty much dead level. I wouldn't mind it being a little higher in the rear to be honest though.

Latest posts

Members online