Installed my Flo Pro 5" Dual Exhaust

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Hey guys just installed my new flo pro 5" dual exhaust on the the 6.7! Cant decide if i should go polished or gloss black tips.

423a4ecf-269a-46db-b061-6db666bade1b_zps75c14e5f.jpg

WHY NOT

Reaction score
First dual 5" I have seen. What direction are you wanting to go for the truck? Blacked out or some chrome here and there on it? My vote is polished but I just don't care for the blacked out look.

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Ya the 5" dual just came out a couple weeks ago. I have 22x10.5 black novis on it and all the bumpers and grill surround will be paint matched so I don't know if polished would stand out to much or not.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Glad they worked out for you buddy!
I still say polished tips to match the machining on your wheels

Koda22

Reaction score
I've always liked black tips, but they show chips so bad, that I'm thinking about going to a brushed look...not shiny, but not black

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Heres a better pic of the truck so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

2247b585-c93e-4fee-bfcb-d5cc4898c11f_zps21ddfb8d.jpg

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Ya the 5" dual just came out a couple weeks ago. I have 22x10.5 black novis on it and all the bumpers and grill surround will be paint matched so I don't know if polished would stand out to much or not.

Chrome center bars for a little bit of chrome up front and polished tips for a little bit of shiny out back will look perfect.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
From what I saw in the release, the spare tire no longer fits...is that correct? Any chance of pics of the clearance between the pipes and axle as well as from the pipes to the bed floor where they go over the axle?

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

Dalton_H

Reaction score
The fit is very tight and no way you could run them with the truck being any lower or if you are planning on towing a trailer with the truck at stock height, maybe 4 inches between exhaust and rear end. I haven't tried to put the spare back in but it doesn't look like it would fit very well. I'll get some close up pics and post them tomorrow of the y and the clearance over the axle.

Oh and there's plenty of room between bed and piping. I actually changed up the rear exhaust hangers a bit to get it to sit higher up to give it more clearance over the rear end. I feel like if I hit a speed bump going to fast it could make contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Sounds great, little tone difference from the 5" single on my moms 6.7 but not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
very nice, im still wanting to go to a dual exhaust set up, but everyone says they dont work with a in bed hitch, and i run a B&W gooseneck. I know the piping can be re worked to fit in there i just dont want to mess with doing all that.

but 5" Duals would be freaking sweet

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Here are some pics of it up close under the truck so you can get an idea of clearance. It looks like a b&w would probably fit but it would be close.

*sorry for the poor picture quality, they didnt come out very well after loading them to photo bucket for some reason.

IMG_4588_zps041d9202.jpg

Heres one with my hand there to reference the distance between the axle and pipe.

IMG_4591_zpsfea0e33a.jpg

This is distance between underside of bed and exhaust.

IMG_4592_zps3b80c541.jpg

IMG_4589_zps17bdab66.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.